PDA

View Full Version : PP 5-step tourney's

boomerman
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
When moving up in this format must you complete all 5 steps in one sitting, or do you get a "chip" so you can enter at a later date ot time?? If in one sitting that's about 8 hours.

KingMedicine
12-09-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When moving up in this format must you complete all 5 steps in one sitting, or do you get a "chip" so you can enter at a later date ot time?? If in one sitting that's about 8 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

you get a freeroll "chip" to use later.
im racking up a bunch of freerolls for a rainy day when ZeeJustin and Gigabet have to go out of town and cant play in the 5s. (some advance warning on this would be appreciated guys)

skirtus
12-09-2004, 03:15 PM
I havent tried these yet. I just looked at how they are structured today. I was told you get an entry into the next level that you can use at any future time. So you dont have to play them consecutively. One question I have is about the rake. If I win an entry into the next level do I pay the rake or is that free too? Im trying to get an idea if these even make sense for a low limit sng and mtt player to invest time and money into.

rjb03
12-09-2004, 03:20 PM
The rake is included in the freeroll. You'll break even if you place 4th once in the 5th step for every 200 tries if you start at Step 1. As for if it's worth your time, it's relatively new so you can't really figure out an hourly rate for some time.

ghostface
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Good luck beating Gigabet, lordhutty, ZeeJustin, and donflun once you get to step 5.

skirtus
12-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah, thats the real question. How many Step 1s do I have to start to reach step 5. And how much overlay do I need to make up for my lack of ability at the step 5. It will be difficult to determine without play a ton of these. I may just mix a step 1 in with my normal sng lineup and go from there. Ill track 50 buyins and see what happens.

Apathy
12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
My guess is you lose all 50 buy ins, but then again im a pessimist! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

skirtus
12-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Lol. Losing 50 Buyins on these may not be all that pessimistic. Oh well, its only money and I can always earn more.