PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Moon Landing--real or a hoax?

tek
12-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Personally, I think it was a hoax.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 02:51 PM
LOL, dude who knows

kerssens
I heard it was all done on a Hollywood sound stage.

IndieMatty
Where did my piece of moonrock come from then? Huh?

I have no idea, but my grandfather worked for Grumman and managed the construction of Apollo, I got some plaque with a rock on it, (that was given to him)and allegedly it is from the moon.

Sponger15SB
12-09-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where did my piece of moonrock come from then? Huh?

I have no idea, but my grandfather worked for Grumman and managed the construction of Apollo, I got some plaque with a rock on it, (that was given to him)and allegedly it is from the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've got a "moon rock" as well, just check the back, it says "Made in China" on it.

Obviously, the moon landing was a hoax.

IndieMatty
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Are you calling my grandfather a liar?

And this moon rock is government issued. It MUST be real.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nolanfan34
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of my favorite conspiracy theory topics.

On one hand, the fact that we've never gone back there since the 70s is strange.

On the other hand, there would be a lot of people who would have had to keep this a secret after all of these years, which makes it less likely that it's a hoax.

Of course, it is interesting that Neil Armstrong is virtually a recluse, and refuses to talk about the moon landing or do any interviews. Seems strange that he won't talk about an important moment in history like that.

I lean toward it being a hoax, but I don't know.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Oh my aching ass. Again?

stabn
12-09-2004, 03:09 PM
What a bullshit post. Of course it was real.

stabn
12-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Not really. There's not much point for us going back at this point, IMO. It's crazy expensive, and we waste enough money on space shuttle missions at this point anyway. Maybe once we have a viable non-rocket/non-disposable way going there and back it would make more sense.

Beerfund
12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No shyt?! You heard this? From who? Did Buzz tell you....? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sponger15SB
12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you calling my grandfather a liar?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES I AM. WATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT, PUNK /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Toro
12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Carl Everett. Sox fans thought we had a real steal the first half season we got this dude. He was tearing the cover off the ball and playing a great centerfield.

Then one day, he gave the strangest interview with all kinds of things he didn't believe in, like the moon landing and dinasaurs, because he personally didn't witness them.

It was all downhill after that.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a bullshit post. Of course it was real.

[/ QUOTE ]how do you know?

ddollevoet
12-09-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard online poker is rigged.

kerssens
12-09-2004, 03:22 PM
I heard the same

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I heard you are a big poopy head.

stabn
12-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I have no reason not to believe it unless reasonable proof is shown that it wasn't real. That hasn't happened and won't happen, but if it does then obviously i'll be proven wrong.

Conspiracy theories are typically bullshit, and this doesn't smell any different.

PoBoy321
12-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Here's a whole website dedicated to showing that the moon landing wasn't a hoax. I mean, I guess it's possible that it was something done in order to give us a leg up in the space race during the cold war, but c'mon, let's be serious.

Here it is. (http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/)

citanul
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that there was stuff left up there, and that tehre have been pictures taken of that stuff using satellites and or earth based telescopes.

Then again, people who think that this was a hoax probably think that there would be a conspiracy to make all these other things look like they'd happened too.

I'm confused also by the idea of it all being done on sound stage.

Is the contention there that the people never left the planet? Because well, there were witnesses to it going up and down (lots of them).

I can't believe that there are people who think this was faked.

citanul

MortalNuts
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Anyone who actually thinks the moon landing was a hoax, possibly because of that funny-as-hell show on Fox a few years ago ("Conspiracy Theory: Did we Land on the Moon") should probably read Phil Plait's "bad astronomy" discussion. (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html)

-mn

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Well I don't know either way, but I think this one is pretty damn funny.

tolbiny
12-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Salt-
find a local astronomer with a kick-ass scope, or an obervatory in your area. The ask them if you can see the flag we plated on the moon. They will usually oblige and show you how to locate it.
Then you will be looking through a non-government telescope, looking at the moon and see a bunch of garbage that we left up there.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
cool, how is my ho doing?

tolbiny
12-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Dude-
i can't get anywhere with her. she all pining away for this guy she met at the library and Sh*t. Its a bunch of BS, i'm just gonna have to get her drunk...

Alobar
12-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I think it was real. But it wouldnt suprise me too terribly much if the first one was faked. We've obviously been there since cuz you can see [censored] on the moon with a pimp telescope.

Its kinda like the russians, I believe quite a few people died before the "first" person to orbit the earth happened. We just didnt hear about their failures

Peca277
12-09-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kaysing says that the Apollo 1 fire that killed Roger Chaffee, Ed White and Gus Grissom was no accident. Grissom was ready to talk to the press about the Moon hoax, so NASA killed him. Kaysing says NASA also killed other people who were about to blow the whistle as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me... or wasn't Apollo 11 the flight that landed on the moon. Why would anybody come up with a conspiracy theory that the Apollo 1 astronauts were going to call it a hoax, when the event hadn't even happened yet?

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude-
i can't get anywhere with her. she all pining away for this guy she met at the library and Sh*t. Its a bunch of BS, i'm just gonna have to get her drunk...

[/ QUOTE ]let me get her number

Richard Tanner
12-09-2004, 04:51 PM
No such telescope exists, if it did there wouldn't be any debate.

Cody

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]is this true?

IndieMatty
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Nothing, he was a rather inaffectionate man, who alienated my mother and was hardly ever kind to his son (my father).

I need a tissue....sniffle.

Six_of_One
12-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Threads like this make me sad.

You know what? The Illuminati and the Bilderbergs are having a party in the left eye socket of the face on Mars. Talk to someone from Bohemian Grove, he'll get you in.

tolbiny
12-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Sadly Salt i don't know her number. I am what the french would call
"Le Stalker"

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly Salt i don't know her number. I am what the french would call
"Le Stalker"

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO

MortalNuts
12-09-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. (http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=134)

For those who don't follow the link: no visual telescope currently in existence can see the flag or rover. You would need a telescope more than 75 meters in diameter to image the flag, and one about 25 meters in diameter to see the rover. That's, um, big.

-mn

tolbiny
12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
you guys ar ruining all my fun.
I was hoping TSC would go out and try to find a telescope to satisfy his curiosity.

Benal
12-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Maybe a fake hoax? Hmmmmm

pudley4
12-09-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm amazed at how many ignorant people there are around here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

And some of you are winning poker players too /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oski
12-09-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who actually thinks the moon landing was a hoax, possibly because of that funny-as-hell show on Fox a few years ago ("Conspiracy Theory: Did we Land on the Moon") should probably read Phil Plait's "bad astronomy" discussion. (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html)

-mn

[/ QUOTE ]

Capricorn One with O.J. (1978) might have fueled the fire as well:
[ QUOTE ]
Classic conspiracy tale about the first manned mission to Mars. All appears to be going well until the astronauts are pulled off the ship just before launch by shadowy government types and whisked off to a film studio in the desert. It transpires that the space vehicle has a major defect which NASA just daren't admit. At the studio, over a course of months, the astronauts are forced to act out the journey and the landing to trick the world into believing they have made the trip. Meanwhile, a Journalist (played by Gould) is getting suspicious and every clue he uncovers seems to result in an attempt on his life! The astronauts are just about to splashdown when a further twist to the tale occurs, leaving them with no choice but to try and escape...

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys ar ruining all my fun.
I was hoping TSC would go out and try to find a telescope to satisfy his curiosity.

[/ QUOTE ] you have far to much faith in my assertiveness.

dr. klopek
12-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Personally, I don't see how it would matter either way. I still have to go to my stupid job in an hour. I don't see why they wouldn't have done it if it was possible. The primary argument that this is a hoax is that it was to win the race with Russia. Russia sent some dude into space or something, and that one american went up there. This makes it much more possible that it's not a hoax (unless you think that all space missions are a fruitless, elabrate hoax). They were about even, They could try to land a ship on the moon, or, they could go to tremendous lengths to pretend they did. Seems like they'd just try. Well, it worked.

(now watch, NASA will come out and say was a hoax.)

Slacker13
12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I don't believe it was a hoax. I don't think Hollywood was advanced enough to create such a real looking scene at that time and have weightless environment on top of it. I like a good conspiricy but this one isn't doing it for me.

daveymck
12-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I think they probably did goto the moon, however I think some of the footage and pictures were maybe not taken there.

daryn
12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I think they probably did goto the moon, however I think some of the footage and pictures were maybe not taken there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, are you serious? take a look at that website where it debunks all the dumb conspiracy theories.

as usual there's an intelligent reason for everything.

daveymck
12-10-2004, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, are you serious? take a look at that website where it debunks all the dumb conspiracy theories.

as usual there's an intelligent reason for everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a quick look through and a number of his theories are interesting but he doesnt generally back them up with facts eg the shadow one he just says its the light reflecting off the moon but provides no scientific evidence that the moon does that, or many more photos were taken than we see but again doenst seem to show them or provide a link. Random debunking website doesnt convince me any more than a random conspiracy one.

I saw one of the Apollo ships at the Science Museam in London and I have to say the Astronaughts were nuts so flimsy and unsafe looking there is no way I would want firing anywhere in it let alone into space.

Cyrus
12-10-2004, 05:05 AM
The 1969 landing on the moon never happened.

It was a completely staged thing. About a hundred thousand people participated in the hoax - "astronauts", "Houston technicians", "politicians", "Cape Canaveral police", journalists, newsmen, TV directors, TV channels, etc etc etc. And they all kept it a secret! Nothing serious whatsoever leaked out, from what could have been (phew!) the story of the century.

By the way, those first two men on the moon?

They were the shooters from the grassy knoll.

daryn
12-10-2004, 06:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
eg the shadow one he just says its the light reflecting off the moon but provides no scientific evidence that the moon does that,

[/ QUOTE ]

if you need scientific proof that the moon actually reflects light, you are the worlds biggest skeptic.

just look out the window at night.

sthief09
12-10-2004, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh my aching ass. Again?

[/ QUOTE ]

NEEDS MORE COWBELL

sthief09
12-10-2004, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You and Carl Everett.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's not bring him into this. dinosaurs clearly didn't exist...