PDA

View Full Version : HU with JJ

Noodles
12-09-2004, 02:18 PM
UB 1/2$ 6 handed no read on opponent
i am in BB with JJ
folded to SB he raises i 3 bet,he calls

Flop A blank blank
he checks, (i hate when an over card flops in there situations,never sure what to do) i bet, he calls

Turn K
not nice, he checks, ok he could have a smaller pair than mine or anything really but i check behind

River:blank , he bets,hmmmm,could he be bluffing now?
still not sure what to do so i just call!

Should i have bet the turn,he could have a lesser hand than mine,i think i should have

if i did and he still calls what do i do on the river if he checks?

Rubeskies
12-09-2004, 04:19 PM
My line against players that aren't prone to bluffing is to bet this turn and fold to a raise. After that I'll generally take the free showdown if he calls again.

balkii
12-09-2004, 04:21 PM
i think checking the turn is fine there. he's not folding a better hand, but he might fold a worse one. you're not really concerned with protecting your hand. and you might get an extra bet outta him on the river if he spikes a pair or bluffs at you.

if i check the turn i intend to call any card on the river.

If i bet the turn I usually check behind on the river.

Noodles
12-10-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My line against players that aren't prone to bluffing is to bet this turn and fold to a raise. After that I'll generally take the free showdown if he calls again.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt have any reads on him though, what do you mean you will take the free showdown,you meran if he cjhecks again right?
although most players with a good hand here will probaly call the turn and then try a CR on the river,wont