PDA

View Full Version : Trips against a fish and a dice

imaptone
12-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I have recently began playing 2-4 at party. I am having a time adjusting to the increased aggression having come from .5/1 and 1/2. Main aggressor has vpip of 50 and prf of 10. Caller has a vpip of 45 and a pfr of 0.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="red"> Is the raise correct? </font>

River: (22.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

k_squared
12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I would have taken an even more aggressive line and capped the turn and raised the river. If both these players do play that many hands they could easily have a weak queen which they are betting, and one of them I would wager is playing practically dead, so get their money in the pot. You of course might be beat, but if you have loose aggressive players you have to take advantage of the times in which you are likely ahead. So, unless the aggressor would be hesitant to bet and raise UNLESS he had the fullhouse you need to make him pay for his loose aggressive play.

runa
12-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I like the turn raise. At best I put him on another Q and unless he got lucky and already has a boat or a small set flopped the boat, your kicker is probably better. Even if you are behind, you still have outs to improve on the river, the fish is probably just dumping in dead money for a nice overlay, and there are no completed draws, so calling down the 3 bet and river seems fine.