PDA

View Full Version : Capping AKo Preflop

PotatoStew
12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
2/4 Party, nearly full table. A few loose folks, a few tight. I get AKo in MP. Folded to me and I raise.

Folded to LP loose player who calls. Folded to one of the blinds, a loose guy who's not usually too aggressive. He 3-bets.

I cap it, to try to bump out the LP cold caller. Too loose or aggressive of me, or is the cap ok?

Demana
12-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Unless the passive guy only raises with AA or KK, this is a fairly standard cap.

Not sure why you want to isolate and drive out LP though...

PotatoStew
12-09-2004, 02:48 PM
He already put in two bets... just wanted to separate him from that money and make it less likely I'd get drawn out on, especially since I was unsuited. So you think there isn't any advantage to trying to narrow it down to one opponent here?

MoreWineII
12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
I sometimes cap with AKo, but I think it's more a cap for value than protection. Not many players are going to fold a hand for a cap that they cold-called two bets with.

Now if limper had limped, someone raised, and you 3-bet, you *might* get the limper to fold.

But generally, if someone has cold-called a raise, they like their hand enough to see a flop even for a cap.