PDA

View Full Version : No limit hold em 5 and 10 rule

spurgeon
12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
There is a no limit hold em theory that with good position, any pair is an automatic call if the raise is less than five percent of your stack, and an automatic fold if it is ten or more percent. Do any of you out there agree with this theory?

Grisgra
12-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Yep, I automatically fold my AA if the raise is more than 10% of my stack.

*smack*

semipro
12-09-2004, 02:50 PM
you would be hard-pressed to find many TPT'ers playing pocket 2's or 3's in any hand, even in position.

Sponger15SB
12-09-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you would be hard-pressed to find many TPT'ers playing pocket 2's or 3's in any hand, even in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'll be the first on that list then.

Sponger15SB
12-09-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a no limit hold em theory that with good position, any pair is an automatic call if the raise is less than five percent of your stack, and an automatic fold if it is ten or more percent. Do any of you out there agree with this theory?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not agree with this theory.

BTW The other person has to have about the same ammount of chips as you.... cause if you have $1000 on the table and somebody with $40 goes all in and he shows you AA and you look down and find 22 and you're last to act, you don't call.

jtr
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'll be the first on that list then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm second. I play all pocket pairs from all positions in sufficiently crap NL games.

And to the original poster, I think it's not a bad theory, but at the higher end (calling a raise that's 9% of the effective stack size for example) you'd need to have great reasons for believing that the other guy will give you his whole stack if you hit, e.g., you'd want to be in position and for him to be very aggressive.