PDA

View Full Version : Won Sattelite to Million Dollar Guaranteed - Question

jwombles
12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
So I won a $20 + 2 sattelite to play in my first Party Poker Million Dollar Guaranteed Tourney, normal buy-in is 600 + 40. I'm pretty excited. Unfortunately halfway into the sat. I realized I can't even play on Saturday! Can I unregister from the tourney and then reregister for the next one?

Much Success
Wombles

DVC Calif
12-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Nope, Party is pretty tight on allowing anyone to freeroll into a future tourney. You can try replying back to the email confirmation you received (info@partypoker.com) but that can be hit and miss.

Too bad this wasn't on Stars. They would let you unregister and bank the entry as W$ for future tourney buy-ins.

Good luck, Steve

jwombles
12-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your reply. I thought that when you win a satellite qualifier for another tourney that you don't have to play in the very next tourney of that series, you may play in the next one if that better suits your schedule.

I know I can't take the $600+40 buy in and pocket it but I thought I could reregister for the next. Anyone else? Am I screwed? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

morgan180
12-09-2004, 01:19 PM
I tried the same thing jwomb...

my letter:

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way that I can save my entry for the next Million dollar
tournament? I am not looking to get cash for my entry fee. I would
simply like to be able to play in the next tournament (after 12/11) as
I have important obligations on that particular day.

Please let me know if this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

their letter:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Morgan,

Thank you for contacting us.

Congratulations for winning an entry to the Million Dollar Guaranteed tournament. Please note that any freeroll cannot be transferred to the next tournament or refunded. Hence, we request you to play the tournament on the day you are registered.

For more information on the tournament, please visit the following link:

**http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/million-current.html**

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Pranitha
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

morgan180
12-09-2004, 01:20 PM
i have since been able to rearrange my schedule but i contacted one of my friends who is a good poker player and offered to let him register and play as me for a split on any winnings...

KingMedicine
12-09-2004, 01:36 PM
a couple notes on the subject:

a few weeks ago i did one of the PPM sattelites and won and couldnt play on the day they registered me for. i wrote an email and got back the same form letter as the poster above.

then, i got pissed off and wrote them an email reminding them of how much rake they take off me and saying that i have a lot of choices of where to play on the internet and that i love party, but that i cant stomach them screwing me out of my 215$ (or whatever it was) entry. i did so and it worked fine.

about 10 minutes after i sent that email, a barely-english-speaking woman called my home and told me to unregister for it and that there would be a freeroll in my account. She was very nice and apologetic.

THEN, about 10 days ago i won a qualifier for the saturday 200k. then something came up and i couldnt play in it that saturday. SO, i just unregistered myself from the tourney (didnt even make a fuss to the party people) and waited until this week and registered myself for this week's. it seems to have worked.

my point is that even tho they say it is impossible, i think their software thinks otherwise. i'm not sure id risk losing the 645$ mil entry without contacting them first for approval, but if anyone ever gets in a situation where they cant play, just try to unregister yourself and it should give you a freeroll, even tho customer support says that they wont.

also, if you ever get stuck in between a rock and another rock with party, be sure to let them know there are a lot of other sites to play at.

morgan180
12-09-2004, 02:07 PM
glad to hear they listen when pushed - i'll file that for future reference.