PDA

View Full Version : Odd day's results - any explanation?

TJD
12-09-2004, 06:40 AM
Any PT users hazard a guess here?

I am struggling a bit at 10/20 but the downswing is well within the "normal" range and I see lots of poor play so I am not that concerned. However, as always in these slumps we look for reasons. Yesterday, I got these numbers:-

Hands played 1257
VP$IP 21.4
PFR 15.51
W$Wsf 41.09
WtSD 33.23
W$SD 55.45

My aggression numbers for the day were
Flop 4.94; Turn 3.74; River 1.55; Overall 2.93(excluding preflop)

Net loss $187.50 (0.75BB/100)

Now I KNOW I am not looking for these to be statistically significant over so few hands but the numbers that blew my mind were W$Wsf (pretty good); WtSD (slightly less than normal but as W$Wsf is higher that would account for some) and W$SD (which is a little low but in my "normal" range)

So I had a day when I won W$Wsf more often than usual but W$SD a little less so I seem to have won more hands before showdown. However despite this I LOST on the day.

With those numbers I would have expected to post a win.

Any ideas as to why this might happen? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

T

naphand
12-09-2004, 07:00 AM
After yonks of pretty much reliable stats this last month has been crazy. Previously whenever I had a combination of high W$WSF and good V$IP/PFR it has always meant a big session. Last few days especially have seen me make big wins with W$SD <45% and crummy PF figures (bad cards), then two days ago I had figures like yours for a middling loss.

You will get "bizarre" stats on the days when your pot averages are skewed, that is, you win a few huge pots on an otherwise fold early/cheap showdown day or you win a lot of small pots and lose all the big ones. I've been losing some humoungus pots this last week, and winning one or two so it's been all over the place. This last week flushes have been my nadir, I am making very, very few (1,000 hand session 2 days ago, no flushes /images/graemlins/mad.gif) and the days before this I could never get anyone to SD when I flushed (always HU on Turn, always folded) and whenever the pot was raised on the flop with me on a flush draw (i.e. someone had a hand they liked and the pot was big) I ALWAYS missed. I have a witness... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It can be profoundly shocking that the averages can skew so wildly, but also amusing and the more I play the less I worry about it.

Guido
12-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Since yesterday:

Hands played 1709
VP$IP 23.29
PFR 16.79
W$Wsf 36.2
WtSD 34.2
W$SD 46.78

Aggression factors:
Flop 4.25
Turn 3.58
River 1.96
Overall 2.66

Net loss $2882, -8.43BB/100

Even after almost 60K hands I still suck /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Thanks,

Guido

TJD
12-09-2004, 12:01 PM
The difference here is your W$SD figure.

With your VP$IP you would have seen about 30% of flops; 500 say. You took 34% of those to SD = 170. But you won 9% fewer than I did = 15 pots. Average pot size $120 . So you were $1800 off.

OK I take it back; it has nothing to do with that at all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Perhaps we BOTH suck /images/graemlins/frown.gif

T