PDA

View Full Version : Datamining Small Stakes

stigmata
12-09-2004, 05:52 AM
I am going to start seriously datamining. I would like to approach this in the right way from the outset and therefore have a few questions. (Apologies if this seems the wrong forum - but I have seen more sound datamining advice in this forum than elsewhere).

1. PokerTracker Questions:
Do people use a seperate database for datamining? If so, what are the benifits?
Is there any way to see data from 2 databases at once?
How many hands before the database reaches maximum size (2Gb)?
What do you do then?
Any other advice on pokerTracker related issues?

2. Analysis questions.
Obviously, having lots of data to display with PV/GT+ is a bonus. However, as you move up limits, I realise that you need to know more about a player than just their VPIP/PFR. Player reads become increasingly important. Whilst playing I keep notes on playing style etc, but as I start multitabling this becomes increasingly difficult. Furthermore, I find that I have very good notes on the loose players (because I see them play more hands), but my notes become increasingly bad as players tighten up.

So I figure after a period of datamining, I could go through all the hands of the TAGs I regurlaly see. Do people do this? However, I have time constraints - I only get to play maybe 2-3 evenings a week. I could easily spend all this time going through my database and reading Poker books...

How much time should I allocate between playing and studying other players? Do you carefully go through the hands/statistics of your common adversies? How much time would you spend on a single player?

Apologies for the long list of questions & Thanks in advance.