PDA

View Full Version : Interesting method of collusion

WarDekar
12-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Alright, I go all-in from the SB (no limpers) and the BB sits waiting for a while. Eventually someone says "fold, xx is too much to call" In this case it was half the BB, so clearly he should call. But, the BB appeared to be considering folding, as he calls almost immediately after that. I lost, and I don't care because he was going to call anyway, but in another situation, what if a player does that? I said something to him about nice job or something, and it really is a nice job of persuading someone and getting around the rules. If reported to Party, they'll say it wasn't collusion because he didn't do anything to tell him to call.

AlwaysWrong
12-09-2004, 05:30 AM
Telling someone else in a hand to do anything - bet, raise, check, fold - or speculating on a hand - He must have the A - is clearly illegal. Party will probably caution the person, perhaps suspend their chat privs.

M.B.E.
12-09-2004, 11:58 AM
What you describe is against the rules. The cardroom should at least give the offending player a warning.

Generally that is not referred to as "collusion", however. Collusion typically refers to something done covertly.