PDA

View Full Version : DS and 72off?

05-24-2002, 01:54 PM
David

When you've recovered, I'd be interested in more details of the 72 hand in the BB that you evidently called all-in on? Steal suspect?

Would be interesting to know what you were thinking as to what that could beat. Don't know how many chips you had left if you didn't call.

05-24-2002, 03:37 PM
If I can make a guess then the blinds compared to the size of his remaining stack was so huge that it would be profitable to call with a random hand and even worse.

Regards

05-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Profitable as opposed to seeing another hand that almost HAD to be better?

That's what I'm curious about... I assumed something similar, situation-wise, to what you theorized..

05-24-2002, 03:52 PM
He was getting somewhere around 3:1 or 4:1 between the blinds and the antes.

05-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Obviously he was in a situation where he was gonna go with whatever hand he picked up in the big blind. I just think it's hilarious that Sklansky went out with 72o. I'm sure that it will be a hot topic of discussion on this board for quite a while. Congratulations on making the money David. You can't buy better advertising for your new tourney book /images/smile.gif

05-25-2002, 01:51 AM
he may get a better hand, but this will have a bigger payoff (unless his next hand is a family pot, in which case he'd have very little chance of winning).

He obviously knew he didn't have the best hand. But this was his best chance to survive...not for one more hand, but for a bunch more chips.

Josh

05-25-2002, 08:44 AM
Well done David and from what i hear of the stacks, he surely played without even looking at his hand.