Russell Rosenblum 927,000

Rafael Perry 766,000

Rob Varkonyi 640,000

Minh Ly 614,000

Scott Gray 545,000

Julian Gardner 394,000

Tony D 231,000

Harley Hall 161,000

Best of luck Russell, but John Shipley will be very hard to beat with that chip lead !

Andy.

05-24-2002, 09:07 AM
Russell will have the position sitting just to the left of John Shipley.

Nicolas

05-24-2002, 10:50 AM
How can this John Shipley guy be there?? Amazing how lucky one guy can be. First his suckout on Phil Ivey, and then his call with Eights (one club) with a board showing jack-7-x all clubs. The other guy had jack-nice, and John was saved again on the river with for him a nice club.

He should be very thanksfull for the luck element of poker, because thats his only chance of winning.

In my opinion the main event belonged to Phil Ivey..

Daniel

05-24-2002, 11:40 AM
I think it's too easy for us to critique another player's play, when we are not the one sitting at the table. This is not meant as an attaque on you. I've seen many comments on the net about "strange" plays made during the WSOP.

The way I look at it is: there are so many factors to process in poker that it's basically impossible to judge a play when you are on the rail. I mean, of course he sucked out mega big time vs Phil Ivey but that's not the point. There are many ways his call was fine, maybe he had a tell (which turned out to be wrong), maybe Ivey was in high gear, maybe he had pushed him around before...etc...etc.

Same thing with the second hand. On the surface, it appears he should have folded but just because the guy had J9 this time does not mean it was a bad call.

Maybe you were watching closely and have more info for us, I'm just saying, it's usually more complicated than that.

And of course, the winner of a tournament always got lucky along the way.

Nicolas

05-24-2002, 12:32 PM

05-24-2002, 01:38 PM
Agreed. And if I was John Shipley right now, or anyone else at the final table, guess how much time I would spend worrying about what they say on RGP ? And here to be fair :-)

Andy.

05-24-2002, 02:49 PM
You can not judge a whole on the single play.

If you did it like that you would say that Detroit was just lucky to be up 2-1 in the series with colorado if you only looked at that 1 goal that bounced off the av's players and got put in by a av's player. Instead there might have been 10 great plays he mad ethat you just didn't see.