PDA

View Full Version : someone want to do my homework for me?

arabie
12-09-2004, 12:01 AM
But seriously, i write more on these forums than i ever would for school and now i'm going to try pull a scam to get the forum to payback for all the poor grades i'm getting. At least thats the plan, but i'm probably going to get ripped for even trying.
Anyways, i'm in acient greek philosophy and have to write 6 essays for an exam. If any of you guys are experts on this topic your help would be greatly appreaciated. Basically just tell me anything you know about these philosophers or topics that might be interesting to add. I don't have any thorough backround knowledge on acient greek philosophy prior to joining this class, so some expert advice would really help. If anyone goes along with this and happens to like philosophy, i'll happily discuss and anlyze the philosopies throughout the thread.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
I think most of them were gay.

Hope that helps!

Sincere
12-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I concur

bosoxfan
12-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Rent Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. I think they had So Crates or someone in it.

Nepa
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
I would drop this class and take something alittle more interesting. Good luck!

Zeno
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Do this yourself. A good reference to gleen some information from is Bertrand Russell's History of Western Philosophy.

Now get your ass to work.

-Zeno

NLSoldier
12-09-2004, 01:49 AM
I am in Philosophy of Human Nature. We have learned about guys like Descartes, plato, Reid, Locke, and Lucretius. I pretty much have no idea if any of em are greek but i kinda doubt it. Anyways, if any of those names sound familiar, PM me and we can talk.

LondonBroil
12-09-2004, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think most of them were gay.

Hope that helps!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they're all dead now, too.

Michael Davis
12-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Well, I know Zeno could help you off the top of his head and I'm sure I could write an undergrad essay off the top of mine, but where's the incentive?

-Michael

arabie
12-09-2004, 06:36 AM
"where's the incentive?"

how about $1.25 a grade point.

arabie
12-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Nope, not greek, but thanks anyways.

arabie
12-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Judging by your name, i'm assuming you might be able to help me out with one of these. Do you know about Aristotle and Plato's views on the third man argument. I've done a bit a of research and just read plato's parmenides and aristotle's metaphysics. I'm having trouble finding what either of them concluding or answered to the problem. Did socrates just conclude that that the forms are independent members that are universal? Did aristotle conclude that substance is the cause of a form and is particular to way the materials are made up?
Does any of this makes sense? If you understand this, please help, i can't even seem to find a web page that is too helpful. Don't bother if you don't have the time though, thanks for the reading reference too.

jdl22
12-09-2004, 07:57 AM
They built statues and stuff.

Zeno
12-09-2004, 12:59 PM
This all has to do with Plato's theory of Forms and blab blab blab. For some thing to be Red a universal Red must be evoked etc and a debate exists as to whether that universal is something that actually has substance or something that is sort of metaphysical, in the mind say, or an idea that floats about on some spiritual plane of otherworldly existence, etc...... - Or other such hooey. Realism enters into all this. It is an old debate. What Plato and Aristotle ‘really’ believed about all this is a silly debate that moldy old Profs just love to haggle about. They should all be hung.

Just pick a side and throw about some meaningless jargon and claptrap. It's all a bunch of garbage anyway. Toss in the 'brain-in-a-vat' theory to round it all out.

The Third-man thing is about infinite regress based on the previous premise that supports your theory thus invalidating the premise and theory or theories based on such a premise and thus everything collapses like a house of cards, I think. What old Aristotle was doing with a third-man was probably buggery.

Look up Colin String’s "Plato and the Third Man'. 1963. May be hard to find.

What you really need to do is just go to the friggin library and look some things up in a Philosophy Dictionary or a Companion to Philosophy etc and get your ass to work reading and thinking. I don't have time for this and have a million things to do.

-Zeno: A Universal Misanthrope