PDA

View Full Version : 53s -- turn decision

Nick C
12-08-2004, 11:16 PM
The table was on the loose and passive side. But it wasn't so passive that flops got checked through much.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Comments on my flop and turn play appreciated.

Nick C
12-09-2004, 03:23 AM
I think I played this okay, but I'd like to confirm that. Or find out I'm wrong.

Anyway, on the flop, I thought there was almost zero chance I'd fold everyone out with my bet, but I thought I might get enough callers (none of which, hopefully, would have two clubs) to make the bet worthwhile.

On the turn, I had the odds if I had six outs, but I thought the possibility I was drawing dead was a factor.

sfer
12-09-2004, 03:44 AM
I'd check the flop and see the action. The pot is small and two of your outs are tainted.

Easy, easy, easy fold on the turn. That's like the worst card in the deck for you.

Nick C
12-09-2004, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check the flop and see the action. The pot is small and two of your outs are tainted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that sounds sensible. The backdoor flush influenced me.

[ QUOTE ]
Easy, easy, easy fold on the turn. That's like the worst card in the deck for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure.

It turned out UTG had 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and CO had A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. So if I'd known my opponents' hole cards, I would've called.