PDA

View Full Version : Short handed collusion?

DontRaisePlz
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
I just played a 5.50 at PS. This guy kept limp/reraising and bet 1k into me every time I checked. The short stack however, often got free blinds (I would estimate 60% of the time he got a walk).

Situation was like this
Hero: 2500-3500ish
Shortstack: 1200-1800ish
Big stack: 7k-9k

My plan was basically avoiding BG and raising every time SS completed his small blind (which he often did, foolishly). I was getting a little peturbed that SB didn't die off though. So I thought BG was far too weak and I started raising him too. It worked at first, then he started limp/raising me but he STILL kept giving SB walks and check/folding flops to him!

When blinds rose to 200/400, it was folded to me on SB. I had JTs and raised allin, about 2200 more to call for BG. He pauses and calls with Q-6s, very uncharacteristically.

After I lose,the very first HU hand, SS raises flop, BG calls, then they went allin with some crap like king high vs. bottom pair.

Does this sound like collusion?

jaydoggie
12-08-2004, 11:17 PM
probably.

Beavis68
12-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Actually, it could be that he knew you were an easy target because you wanted the SS to blind off, and he knew the SS would have to play back at him to survive.

I think I have done this myself.