PDA

View Full Version : Blade Trinity Review

ArchAngel71857
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
If you liked the other Blade movies, you will think this one is all right. If you loved the other Blade movies, you will like this one, but you won't think its the best by far.

I really like the other two Blade movies. I enjoy watching them, I think they are campy and silly, but I enjoy to pop it in and watch Wesley Snipes play his best role since Willie Mays Hays. So I have been looking forward to this movie for some time. Tonight I dragged my girlfriend to see this, and she thought it was fun to go see. She also thought Dominic Purcell (of John Doe fame) was super hot. She had him, I had Jessica Biel's luscious ass.

What I liked: Ryan Reynolds. He really brings this movie up. You want him to be on the screen, and when he isn't you anxioulsy await him to come in. When I saw the previews and saw he was in it, I was like "How the hell can someone so funny and witty pull of being a legit action star." Answer: Be jacked. Be yourself. He pulls it off and his character has very much the same sense of humor. Has a lot of quotable funny lines.

Jessica Biel. If I can get my girlfriend to admit that she isn't as bad as she thought she was going to be, then Jessica Biel has to be good. She kicks ass, she has an ipod, and she wants Tha Salt Cracka to put a faucet in that ass and tap some booty juice.

Soundtrack. Its like all the others.

The action was fine. I think it was Goyer's first time directing, and we can forgive him for somethings, but like I said. if you like the others you know what to expect, you probably even want it to be the same.

What I didn't like:
There was no plot.

Although Dominic Purcell was "super hot," He was much better in John Doe or as a henchman in MI2. Not entirely his fault, because he had no

Dialogue. The director must have gone to the same dialogue class as George Lucas did for Star Wars Episodes I and II.

Did I mention there was no plot? I mean I thought Blade I was great. Blade II was a pretty original story I must admit. In this one? Well, without writing spoilers let me sum up. When I have a kid and he is five, he will write Blade 4. And it will be better.

Parker Posey. Have to steal a line from Ain't It Cool News, but she smokes in this one as well because it "defines her character."

The plot (or absence of one) had no flow to it. It was kind of like a bunch of scenes spliced together and the dialogue just happened to fit by sheer luck.

All in all, im sure I will buy the DVD when it comes out so I can have all three blade movies, even though I'm sure the only time I watch this is when I play poker and watch all three in a row.

-AA

thirddan
12-08-2004, 11:08 PM
its good to hear that the movie was enjoyable, thats all i expect from the blade movies. I liked the first two because they are fun and cheesy...

How are the effects?

ArchAngel71857
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its good to hear that the movie was enjoyable, thats all i expect from the blade movies. I liked the first two because they are fun and cheesy...

How are the effects?

[/ QUOTE ]

eh. Worse compared to the others, but livable. ONe thing i can't stand with sequels is when different directors bring a new "look." (think Batman, and Mission Impossible). The first two are pretty cohesive in appearance, this one is slightly off, but not as bad as Batman hte MIs.

-AA

LondonBroil
12-09-2004, 01:36 AM
*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

One question. How did Draco know where the NightStalkers "hide-out" was? Also, one complaint I have is when Blade was chasing Draco and they both jumped down from the building onto the cars, it looked really crappy. You'd see them jump, and then it would cut to them already on the car..or so it seemed.

I'm sure there's more, that's just what I thought of right now.

nolanfan34
12-09-2004, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She kicks ass, she has an ipod, and she wants Tha Salt Cracka to put a faucet in that ass and tap some booty juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have been en fuego lately with your posts. It's like DiMaggio in the middle of his 56-game hitting streak. Warrants mentioning.

ThaSaltCracka
12-09-2004, 02:35 AM
good call!

Blarg
12-09-2004, 04:17 AM
This sounds like a renter to me. I hope they didn't have the action as plodding as Blade usually is, and had it as good as Blade's action sometimes is, instead.

ArchAngel71857
12-09-2004, 10:58 AM
London Broil,

My question is in white so I don't ruin it for anyone.
<font color="white">Scary group of vampire hunters. They have a [censored] blind girl watching the security camera. </font>
-AA

ArchAngel71857
12-09-2004, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She kicks ass, she has an ipod, and she wants Tha Salt Cracka to put a faucet in that ass and tap some booty juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have been en fuego lately with your posts. It's like DiMaggio in the middle of his 56-game hitting streak. Warrants mentioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

-AA

nolanfan34
12-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Not as sure about that avatar though. Is that you in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" or something?

EDIT: nevermind...just read the thread in the Zoo. When are you, Cup and 2kf going to hit Vegas again so we can hear another trip report?

nicky g
12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Blade Trinity was truly, truly awful. I can't believe you liked the King guy. He was the most irritating character on screen since Jar Jar Binks. He trashed every scene he was in; it was like they decided to import a character based on Chandler from Friends , and then but had noone who could write a halfway decent (or even one-twentieth of the way not extremely irritating) joke. Black humour would have been welcome; sarcastic college student humour delivered in a whiny high-pitched voice by a Z-grade Ben Affleck lookalike is not. Plus whoever cast Drake should be shot; Dracula needs to be played by someone with a lot of charisma, whereas they seemed to have picked up a random Kosovan from the nearest gym.

I tried really hard to lower my expectations as far as possible for this and I was still very disappointed. The only remotely saving grace were a couple of OK action sequences; largely they were badly done too too.

obi---one
12-14-2004, 10:12 AM
My friend works for new-line so we went to see the movies last week. I am not a big blade fan, but I thought that movie was truly awful. If I was paying to see the movie and if it was not with my friends co-workers I would have walked out in the first five minutes. But, it did improve slightly from the opening scenes. At least I was able to look at Jessica Biel. She is so hot. I was having an argument with my friend, I think she had her lips done, anyone else have an opinion?