PDA

View Full Version : KQo, anyone like this flop action?

BigEndian
12-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: BigEndian is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, BigEndian calls.

Whoops. Opinions on the 3-bet for the free card?

Turn: (10 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, BigEndian calls.

River: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, BigEndian folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB

- Jim

BottlesOf
12-08-2004, 10:42 PM
I think I'd fold this... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tough spot, I'd rather call than raise, after that aggression on such a coordinated board, I think the cap is quite likely.

Grease
12-08-2004, 10:47 PM
I don't think you'll get a free card as there's been a bet and a raise into the PFR. I would fold this, because not only could you be drawing to only 4 outs, the 2 flush kills your implied odds and sets up redraws.

mcpeepants
12-08-2004, 11:03 PM
I think you should fold on the flop. Your overcards are worthless. A queen will give someone a straight. You should count your king as little more than 1 out, since one king could give an opponent a flush or your one pair could be redrawn on the river easily. Your gutshot should be counted as maybe 2 or 2.5 outs for the same reason. With no good backdoor draws this is a pretty weak draw. Getting 11-2 this is a pretty easy fold.

The turn call is probably okay.

BigEndian
12-08-2004, 11:08 PM
This was one of those spontaneous raises. I knew it was a tough spot and didn't really know where I stood. I think the range of hands for my opponents is large enough for me to continue. But I really didn't want to get drug through their betting war. I thought that a 3-bet might a) get me a free turn or b) slow the betting down on future streets. Preferably a).

- Jim

BigEndian
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
These are good points, but if you ignore the cap behind me, when it's raised to me you can't be thinking monster yet. Most often the monster will wait until the turn to jam.

- Jim