PDA

View Full Version : K7s on the button.

Joe Tall
12-08-2004, 09:56 PM
For what it's worth it was the loose-passive game of the month for me, online.

3 feeders (loose-passive), 5 TAGs, and a complete strange one that likes to play every hand in every odd way that he can. He's prone to bluff but also call w/bottom pair and pay off and he'll also play a strong hand strong.

2 of the feeders limp in EP, a TAG limps in MP, the strange one limps to my right and I limp w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. SB completes and the BB checks.

7 to the flop of for (6.75SBs):

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to the strange-one who bets...

Your action?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Grease
12-08-2004, 09:59 PM
I think it's a raise. You probably won't drive out the "feeders" but hopefully you knock out the TAG, which is what you want. You could also clean up your K out by raising.

BottlesOf
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Raise, brah.

bisonbison
12-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Raise.

Welcome to the forums,
bisonbison.

James282
12-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Just so you also have a reason, raise so you can clean up your king outs.
-James

Joe Tall
12-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Let us review:

3 feeders (loose-passive), 5 TAGs, and a complete strange one that likes to play every hand in every odd way that he can. He's prone to bluff but also call w/bottom pair and pay off and he'll also play a strong hand strong.

2 of the feeders limp in EP, a TAG limps in MP, the strange one limps to my right and I limp w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. SB completes and the BB checks.

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I raised, one of the feeders callS, the strange one calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check to you...what's your action?

Joe Tall
12-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Welcome to the forums,

Hey, I wasn't gone that long. Cali then Cleveland, good times, can't blame me.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Grease
12-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Bet, unless you don't think you could get them both to fold. Even if you are, you have a bazillion outs here if you're called, and you'll likely get paid off on the river.

BottlesOf
12-09-2004, 01:03 AM
I bet, you've got damn near 19 outs. If they both call its for value.

sfer
12-09-2004, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cali then Cleveland, good times, can't blame me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush is still President. You failed.

nothumb
12-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Hey Joe,

I like your play so far. I hope you bet the turn against two loose opponents. Getting check-raised here wouldn't even be that bad, since it will probably trap the feeder.

NT

bisonbison
12-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Bush is still President. You failed.

There's only so much an 80 inch tall man can do.

Joe Tall
12-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Let us review:

2 of the feeders limp in EP, a TAG limps in MP, the strange one limps to my right and I limp w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. SB completes and the BB checks.

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I raised, one of the feeders callS, the strange one calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check to me and I CHECKED.

The one thing I did leave out of this post is that this was an online 30/60 game and this level getting two callers on a raise flop to the turn, rings bells. Eventhough, a bet on the turn does have some value if they both call, too often this value is destroyed by a check-raise in these games. In addition, if the right card comes off on the river w/a draw-board like this, you can earn extra bets as sometimes it'll be bet/raised in front of you.

River was the money card: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Feeder bet, strange one raised, I 3-bet, feeder calls w/a set and strange one calls w/A7o. MHIG.

Peace,
Joe Tall