PDA

View Full Version : How bad's this?

imitation
12-08-2004, 09:19 PM
UTG - bad loose aggressive player
MP - tight, no postflop reads
BB - tight/agr preflop, tricky aggressive postflop
SB - bad at poker -100BB at 3/6 stars which is the tightest limit i've ever played ASF<40

I CR flop to get rid of BB and get MP to fold A-big kicker.

I should just check fold the turn after it doesn't work yeh?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 16 BB, between MP and BB.</font>

D.H.
12-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Might be interesting to know your hand. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

imitation
12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
my bad

CinnamonWind
12-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Looks pretty friggin terrible to me.

RunDownHouse
12-08-2004, 10:22 PM
With two tight players, one of whom called two cold after your flop c/r, I don't like betting out on the turn. I don't hate it, but I think once you get raised there you can fold for sure.

DyessMan89
12-08-2004, 10:39 PM
You played it awful and got lucky most likley.

bblock99
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I can see C/R the flop and leading the turn if you're trying to bluff, but i would fold to the raise because i think your only out is a K. I think that you are beat and your ace isn't good, especially because your read on this guy is tight. You may have had implied odds on the turn to call for your gutshot, but i would probably fold this on the turn.

stripsqueez
12-08-2004, 11:32 PM
i usually wait till i have a hand before i check raise the flop and lead the turn out of the SB in a multi way pot

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

daryn
12-09-2004, 12:25 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You played it awful and got lucky most likley.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? did you read the hand?

Spook
12-09-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You may have had implied odds on the turn to call for your gutshot, but i would probably fold this on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to bet and then fold to a raise. It gives of the image of being pushable, especially when I have the odds for some sort of draw. The Ace or King might have been good and a reason to call the turn and the river if you improve.

Loci
12-09-2004, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i usually wait till i have a hand...

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
-Well, that's nice if you like to play "Actual" poker and all... Some players also like to "look" at their hand before "pushing all in."
God I miss Chris Farley.

Jeff W
12-09-2004, 02:14 AM
Re: Your downswing. -100 BB isn't too bad. Keep your chin up. I've had 3 downswings that bad or worse in in my last 35k in the Party 5/10 , which is widely considered a soft game.

This hand is pretty bad, but we all make mistakes. Consider taking a break from play if you find your downswing affecting you.

I dislike your flop check-raise. What does it accomplish? What do you think your opponents have for this to be a good play?

Your turn bet into a field of cold callers is bizarre to say the least. If they won't fold for 2 cold on the flop, then they won't fold for 1 more on the turn. What do you put them on? What does this play accomplish?

I'd like to offer more detailed analysis, but I don't understand your reasoning in the hand. I think this hand should be played straightforwardly as an inside straight draw that is vulnerable to redraws but has pair possibilities. I would check-call flop and check-fold the turn unimproved.

Grisgra
12-09-2004, 02:18 AM
It's horrible. What's worse is that I'm sure I've done it before.

More than once. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

imitation
12-09-2004, 03:48 AM
Ok i've copped the flack, and personally I only hate my turn play, I think check/raising the flop is superior to check/calling because the pot is already big. I want to win whats already in there, if I can fold BB of a AK, AJ or who knows what else I'm cleaning up some outs. Secondly it will probably leave me HU with MP who as I said is tight also, but a tight player will 3-bet with 99 up as well as AJs, AKo if I get this player HU with a strong CR on the flop isn't there a chance they will fold on the turn to continued aggression.

Alobar
12-09-2004, 06:15 AM
Im confused, are you saying a good player is going to 3 bet your flop CR with 99 and up, or AK?? I certainly wouldn't....am I missing out on something?

Benjamin
12-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Pile on!

Yep, terrible. The turn bet is a complete waste. The flop check-raise is pretty chip-spewy too, though I can almost see it. I think bet out is the way I'd go, and if I'm called or raised I'm giving up on the turn.

Let's see, we have a tight raiser, and a tight cold caller in the pot with you and your AJ. The flop comes QQT. I think you are looking for a K and you hope it doesn't give anyone a boat. You have to discount the kings. Yeah, the ace may be good, but must be discounted very heavily due to the paired board, and the straight possiblities. 4 outs at most, total. And I think you have to assume you are behind, since both of your opponents are tight, saw 3 bets preflop, and there are 2 broadway cards on the board.

Check/folding the flop probably wouldn't be bad, but I don't think I can stomache that after 3-betting. I bet out.

B.