PDA

View Full Version : AK is killing me

05-23-2002, 03:30 AM
Ok no limit holdem entry fee $5,200. 100 Entries top 10 places get paid. Same as WSOP structure and blinds style etc...

I have T23,000 and the blinds are 300-600, 55 people down. I pick up AK on the button UTG with only T3500 moves all in cut off calls. What should i do with AK? I know that UTG doesn't need a big hand to move in and he could do this with alot of hands i can beat but i dont know about the cutoff either he has two large cards or he has a small medium pair. Anway cut off has around T17,000. I decide to move all in. Cutoff calls with A5 offsuit. And flops a 5. I lose the pot. UTG had 88 and won. Do i play it any differently?

Second hand i have about T6000 left blinds are 400-800, I move all in. Folded around to the BB who thinks for a long time and then calls. He has JQ of hearts flops a flush draw and hits a flush on the turn. Do i play it any differently?

Another hand from another tourny, not AK thankfully this time i have AQ UTG + 2, one limper and I raise 5 times the BB (blinds are 200-400 with ante and one limper), button calls.

he has another 2000 left. flop comes 892 rainbow. I bet 1000, he moves all in. I call and lose

Do i play it any differently?

Thanks for all responses,

-MJ

05-23-2002, 06:53 AM
1) I would probably tend to flat call. There's a good chance you will get to see all five cards, and if you miss the flop and the cut-off bets, you're probably beaten, but ... did the cut off really pay $5000 for this tournament and then make a play as bad as calling your all-in with A5 ? That is amazing !!

2) I play it the same.

3) It is probably better to bet 2000 on the flop. 1000 might look a bit weak to your opponent. Whether to bet at all or check depends on your read of your opponent.

Andy.