PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Fantasy Football Playoffs Thread

Edge34
12-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Are you in in your league? This forum needs a little more fantasy sports discussion, I think. TSC's run to 10k posts, Pizza, and Fantasy Football.

As the season comes down to the end, if you're in, you're dreaming about the trophy and all the bragging that you'll be able to hang on everyone else when you win. But if you're like me, you've got a few locks on who to play, and a few questions. Tough matchups for your stars, but easier matchups for your less experienced players - sound familiar to anybody?

Let's try to make this a thread debating who we should start and bench on our respective tears to the title - not just another Manning vs. Brady thread...because its Manning, case closed. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'll start it off: I've got a tough RB situation in the first game of my playoffs. Rudi Johnson vs. New England, Clinton Portis vs. Philly, and diamond-in-the-rough Nick Goings vs. St. Louis. Portis has sucked hard until this last week. And I've gotta start two of them, any ideas? I'm thinking of going with Goings and Portis.

-Edge

EDIT: I also have Chester Taylor for the Ravens vs. the Giants if Lewis is out again...

kerssens
12-08-2004, 08:28 PM
I agree, Portis and Goings are the way to go....I got Aaron Brooks or Carson Palmer, I'm leaning to Brooks since Palmer is at NE

Edge34
12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
You also can't even possibly pass up the fact that Brooks will throw approximately 600 yards and 10 TD's against the ramshackle group of 11 guys they call Dallas's "secondary". /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lazymeatball
12-08-2004, 08:33 PM
I clinched the playoffs this week in my league, but the scoring in my league is set up to make any sort of strategy negligible, and half of the participants don't update their team for bye weeks or the fact that Rex Grossman is no longer the starting QB for Chicago.

Edge34
12-08-2004, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I clinched the playoffs this week in my league, but the scoring in my league is set up to make any sort of strategy negligible, and half of the participants don't update their team for bye weeks or the fact that Rex Grossman is no longer the starting QB for Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please describe this scoring system that allows for one to never have to change lineups...

kerssens
12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
yeah, that's true.....I've got injury problems and have no idea how I made it in the playoffs.....Brooks, Corey Dillon, Moe Williams (since Jamal Lewis is hurt), Santana Moss, Roy Williams, Antonio Gates, Jason Hanson and NE D will be my lineup....I'm facing Manning

Edge34
12-08-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
....I'm facing Manning

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was a good run while it lasted /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bosoxfan
12-08-2004, 08:41 PM
i'm roaring into the playoffs, but i think it stops there. I've weathered the Priest Holmes injury but now I'm in trouble. This league has one more week of regular season before playoffs start.

My problem is McNabb and Brian Westbrook have been carrying my team since Holmes went down. The Eagles will have nothing to play for the last few weeks of the season. It looks like an early exit for me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lazymeatball
12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Actually, changing lineups to players who are actually starting is beneficial, but half the league doesn't do it.
Basically we start 3 QB's, 3 WR's, 2 RB's, TE, 2 WR/RB's, K, 3 DEF's. No bench.
Some examples of inane scoring include Incomplete passes being worth 1 pt, Rushing attempts -1 pt, Receptions -1 pt, Return yds 5 yds per pt (making kick returners huge), 2 pt conversion 25 pt, most field goals are worth more when they are missed, with the exception of missed 50+ yds being -30 pts. PAT missed is +25pt, and for DEF we have Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (-2)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (-7)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (1)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (0)
Points Allowed 35+ points (9)

So kick returners and QB's with low completion %'s are pretty good.

Edge34
12-08-2004, 08:57 PM
I think the funniest thing I have ever read is that missed figgies of 50+ LOSE you 30 points...either that or the clusterf*** that is your D scoring. LOSE 7 points for 14-20 allowed, but get 9 for playing the Colts (because they put up 35 in the first HALF of most games...)

Well played sir. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kerssens
12-08-2004, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, it was a good run while it lasted

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, at least I got half my buy in back for making the playoffs.