PDA

View Full Version : Blogging Software

Rooster71
12-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Anyone here familiar with blogging software or have any recommendations?

I have considerable web development experience, but the idea of just entering some text and having everything formatted and looking nice is interesting. I have never played around with any blogging software, but some software companies make some pretty good claims as to what their packages can do, so it may be worth a try.

Also, I use Dreamweaver and anything that integrates with that would be good. If the blogging software requires they host something on their server, I would prefer it to host the entire site.

Any input is appreciated.

astroglide
12-09-2004, 01:02 PM
blogging is gay

wacki
12-09-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
blogging is gay

[/ QUOTE ]

Interresting comment comming from a man that is so obsessed with butt sex and random objects being inserted into the ass for sexual pleasure.

astroglide
12-09-2004, 02:11 PM
wow, what a witty, humorous, and inventive riposte.

wacki
12-09-2004, 04:28 PM
I wasn't trying to be witty or humorous. I was simply being honest. You are very passionate when it comes to gay rights/adoption/unions. You also frequently post about the joys of anal stimulation/sex. And with the way you talk I have even wondered if you were gay. Yet despite all of this you used "gay" as a derogatory term. I simply found that very peculiar. Do you not see my point?

Just to be clear as possible I have no problem reading any of your posts on those issues. And with most of them my current political position is to even agree with you. It is merely the use of the term that I found odd.

B Dids
12-09-2004, 04:56 PM
I've used Greymatter, which is very nice, but a bit complex. My current hosting company comes with software called B2 which works for me, but I think is less flexible than GM is.

astroglide
12-09-2004, 05:03 PM
no, i don't see your point. you are being an idiot, and i think that most gay people would be more offended by your clearly myopic, alien view of them than my negative use of the word.

i responded along with many others to somebody else's thread on the subject. if that is what defines "frequently posting about joys", whatever. i see it much more offensive that you apparently, dumbly, draw a line between anything that has to do with an ass and gay people - even if it's based on an observation of a 100% hetero context. not all gay people are men, and not all gay men even practice anything of that sort. your "honesty" depicts a complete lack of understanding. what i did was like calling a chinese person a chink, what you did was like calling a chinese person a gook. the latter would piss me off a lot more if i were chinese.

wacki
12-09-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, i don't see your point. you are being an idiot, and i think that most gay people would be more offended by your clearly myopic, alien view of them than my negative use of the word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that most gay people would be offended by my support of unions and marriages. My reasoning in that context is not about my views on homosexuality, it is about respecting religion and a tradition that is thousands of years old. I do not consider that being myopic, I consider that being a reasonable compromise. And if I recall correctly, you did too.

[ QUOTE ]
i responded along with many others to somebody else's thread on the subject. if that is what defines "frequently posting about joys", whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should quote Diablo in your "don't knock it 'till you try it" thread which was about putting a magic marker in your ass while masturbating.

As soon as I saw this subject, I was sure it would involve anal sex.

Marker in the ass thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1223584&Fo rum=c6&Words=marker&Searchpage=0&Limit=257&Main=12 23376&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=7066&daterang e=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bo dyprev=#Post1223584)

Serious astrogllide, wtf?!?! Why are you getting so hostile?

[ QUOTE ]
i see it much more offensive that you apparently, dumbly, draw a line between anything that has to do with an ass and gay people - even if it's based on an observation of a 100% hetero context.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I doing that? I don't know you, I'm just saying with the content of some of your posts I have simply wondered if you are gay. For all I know, you may be a female network administrator that loves anal sex. Also, you could be a very heterosexual male that loves anal stimulation and is very passionate about gay rights. Not too many scenerios would suprise me right now. I think you are reading way too much into my post if you think I am dumbly drawing the line between anal sex and gay people.

[ QUOTE ]
not all gay people are men, and not all gay men even practice anything of that sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I ever say gay people are all men? Where are you getting this from? Calm down astroglide, I'm not attacking gay people in this thread. Are you also saying many gay male-male couples don't have anal sex?

[ QUOTE ]
your "honesty" depicts a complete lack of understanding. what i did was like calling a chinese person a chink, what you did was like calling a chinese person a gook. the latter would piss me off a lot more if i were chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me, where in this thread did I insult gay people?

astroglide
12-09-2004, 06:40 PM
this is really not complex wacki. the myopic/alien comment was in response to your anal=gay stance which you clearly spelled out.

the marker thread was made in response to the assertions that somebody would have to sit through episodes of the oc, despite having watched the advertising, to determine if it might be for them. i picked a random, extreme thing which people would likely have never tried and have absolutely no interest in trying to illustrate my point. it could have been snorting vomit, eating dog [censored], burning off your eyebrows with a lighter or whatever. one would have to be profoundly stupid to think that post implies that i'm gay.

you indicated that gay=men because of your reference of anal with gay. anal is not what people think of when they think of female/female relationships. having sex is a singular aspect of a relationship which occupies very little of the total time spent. if gay people did not have sex with each other society at large would not be nearly as repulsed by them but they would still disrespect the lack of adherence to gender roles. i think it would be highly offensive that people only consider sex when they think about them. that's how you were offensive. and yes i'm also saying many gay male-male couples do not have anal sex and find it as gross as many heteros. there are many straight people who don't like oral sex too. i'm sure there's not a rule that you have to be into it if you are a gay male.

but who are you to talk anyway? you have an avatar of a guy with his head up his ass. clearly gay.

AngryCola
12-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I saw this subject line on the main page, and I assumed it was somehow about me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

There goes my ego again. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

IggyWH
12-09-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone here familiar with blogging software or have any recommendations?

I have considerable web development experience, but the idea of just entering some text and having everything formatted and looking nice is interesting. I have never played around with any blogging software, but some software companies make some pretty good claims as to what their packages can do, so it may be worth a try.

Also, I use Dreamweaver and anything that integrates with that would be good. If the blogging software requires they host something on their server, I would prefer it to host the entire site.

Any input is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad to see your thread get hijacked by anal sex...

I use Blogger and I also use them for hosting. You can use the software to host it on your own site, but they give you a customized forwarding URL to use so I figured what the hell. It's owned by Google I believe so not only is it reliable, but it's also user friendly for Google search engine.

They don't host images though so that's the only real downfall I found it had. I have my own webspace though so that wasn't a problem to me and I believe they hook you up with a free image hosting site. They have many different templates to pick from and the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor works pretty well. You can also change whatever you want on the blog using HTML if you want. The URL to the site is :

Blogger (http://www.blogger.com)

If you want to check out my blog as an example, here's the URL :

Iggy's Blog (http://iggywh.blogspot.com)

wacki
12-09-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is really not complex wacki. the myopic/alien comment was in response to your anal=gay stance which you clearly spelled out.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I clearly spell out an anti gay stance in my first two posts? I was merely questioning the use of gay as a derogatory word.

If the marker thread was such a rare incident then why did Diablo know the content of the post just by the title?

As for getting upset about the gay=men thing, I'm still baffled at how you believe I was saying all gay people are men. And you getting upset because I said there might be some slim possibility that people who love anal stimulation might be gay just amazes me. Seriously, this is common sense. I know it's not an absolute, but loving anal sex seems like an obvious sign there may be a remote chance that you could be a homosexual male. I've also said you could be a woman that loves taking it in the rear. I've never met you so I don't even know if you are a man or a woman. But these posts are madness.

If anyone is being myopic, I think it is you. Calm dude, be chill.

wacki
12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sad to see your thread get hijacked by anal sex...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Rooster, I will stop now. I will not reply to astroglide anymore in this thread.

astroglide
12-09-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How did I clearly spell out an anti gay stance in my first two posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

try reading the text you quoted. it says "anal=gay", not "anti-gay".

[ QUOTE ]
I was merely questioning the use of gay as a derogatory word.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you weren't. you were questioning it coming from a possible [censored] (evidence: support gay rights, responded to a thread about male/female anal sex).

[ QUOTE ]
If the marker thread was such a rare incident then why did Diablo know the content of the post just by the title?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
As for getting upset about the gay=men thing, I'm still baffled at how you believe I was saying all gay people are men.

[/ QUOTE ]

you drew a line from anal to gay. you were not thinking of gay women when you thought of anal, you were thinking of gay men.

[ QUOTE ]
And you getting upset because I said there might be some slim possibility that people who love anal stimulation might be gay just amazes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't state that there "might" be a "slim possibility". i have never made a post that stated, implied, or could be remotely construed as saying that i enjoy any kind of penetration of myself - much less "love" it so i have no idea where you're coming from or also how you could possibly consider that i'm female. gay would be baseless, but female? you would have to be a world-class idiot or be completely trolling to not infer that i'm male from reading all of my posts in here and considering the fact that 99.99% of the people on this forum are male (i am aware of 4 women in the history of 2+2: pokerbabe, felicia lee, the female that posted in the drug thread here, and the potentially fake angelina fekali). idiot or troll, you're getting ignored as soon as i submit this post.