PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary aggression on the flop with overcards?

Spicymoose
12-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Large field, but just about everyone checked. I figured I might be able to buy myself the button (which I did). Also I figured I might get myself a free card on the turn occasionally which would be an added benefit.

Do the benefits I occasionally get outweigh the costs of all the times I lose and could have not payed any bets?

After the check/raise I think things become pretty straightfoward.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Grease
12-08-2004, 07:35 PM
With your two backdoor draws, I play it the same. If you didn't have backdoors, I would check/fold.

TomBrooks
12-08-2004, 08:07 PM
I think buying the button from two positions away is definately worth something, and even if the BB didn't check raise, you might have had another player or two drop out which is worth something.

By the way, who won the hand and what did they have?

TomBk

Spicymoose
12-08-2004, 08:11 PM
BB had Q9, making a pretty standard play. MP had Td6d for a rivered straight and flush, and for some reason not raising; what an idiot.