PDA

View Full Version : Datamining

Greg J
12-08-2004, 07:29 PM
I would like to start datamining -- I'm probably well behind the curve in that I don't yet. Well, I'm really not sure how to go about it. I have 3 Party skins and would like to open 4 tables in each skin and let er rip, but I am not sure where the hand hsitories are stored when you do not actually play in the game. (I know they are otherwise stored in the hand histories folder in the program files of each skin). I have read elsewhere these are temporary files and they will be deleted after each skin is closed. Is this true? And if so where can I find these hand histories so I might import them into my PT database?

I realize this might be better suited for other forums, but considering the high traffic here I thought this might be a place to get a good reply. Thanks much.

Freakin
12-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Greg,

Open 4 tables on each skin. Open PT and go to the auto-import screen. Click "configure observed hand histories" and uncheck the box so that it will import them. The .hhf files are saved in teh root skin directory. c:\program files\partypoker, etc. So add the directory for each of the skins. I'd recommend clicking "Do not save hand text" cause that can take up a lot of room. Let me know if you have more questions.

Freakin

topspin
12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey Freakin,

I might just be having a horrible mental block, but my auto-import screen's "configure" dialog doesn't have any checkboxes /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Right now I'm going to File, "Auto-Import Hand Histories and Tournament Summaries - Setup", and clicking the "Configure..." button next to "Folder(s) where hand histories are located". All I get there is a button to select directories; what option checkbox should I be looking for?

Greg J
12-08-2004, 08:05 PM
That works really well thanks. The only issue is that PokerNow won't work at the same time Party does, but Intertops dies fine. Hmmm.... go figure! (Anyone know whay this is btw?) I am getting PV up and running -- it is so awesome! It's gonna be great to play with this.

Thanks again

Greg J
12-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Click "Configure import of observed hands" button, then it should make sense. From there under the "folders to be searched" option choose your Party and skins directory folders under program files.

billyjex
12-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Pokernow uses the exact same software as Party does. Like, it's not just the skins slightly altered version of the Party software, but PN and Party have the exact same stuff. It just won't let you.

Forgot to add, PN and Party are the only two party skins you can't have open at the same time. You can have Empire, Party, Intertops and Multi all at the same time to datamine.

Freakin
12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Greg,

Party & Pokernow do not normally run at the same time because they use the same software. I believe Morgant said that after opening Party, you can go to the pokernow page and download the client and open it, and this should allow both to run (I have not tried this and I am not sure of the specifics).

Topspin,

You must fully open the auto-import window first. So after you do File-Auto import, click "OK". THEN click the "Configure Import of Observed Hands" and you'll find the checkboxes in there.

Freakin

topspin
12-08-2004, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Click "Configure import of observed hands" button, then it should make sense. From there under the "folders to be searched" option choose your Party and skins directory folders under program files.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, works great now!

Greg J
12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
This seems to be much faster and easier for downloading hand histories when you are playing also. Will this work while you are sitting and playing, or does this only work for datamining. (I don't see why this would not work for this, so this is probably a dumb question -- I am just hoping the answer is as obvious as I think it is.)

aslowjoe
12-09-2004, 02:24 AM
So I have a seperate data base for my datamine. How do I use the info while I am playing as my other data base is open?

PokerMike
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Even if you click 'Do not save hand text' you're still getting a huge amount of information saved - how does this affect your PT database loadtime?