PDA

View Full Version : Why Play SNG's?

Chief911
12-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Recently was in vegas, and was going to play in the 2k Bellagio 5 diamond event. Decided since I was a pretty decent SNG player, I would try out a few of their satellites (SNG's) to the tourney the Saturday night before.

Besides the fact that usually there were atleast 1 or 2 pros in each satellite, I found them to be a ton softer than the 200's on Party. It was almost funny.

Just reminded me that the game of poker is growing, and a variety of skills always treats you well. And being a good SNG player certienly can make getting into these large buyin events, much easier.

Nick

jaydoggie
12-08-2004, 11:34 PM
so did you win a buyin? several buyins?

Chief911
12-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Won one, finished 2nd twice (Got a save), and chopped one. Total played 7. So soft.

Nick

Apathy
12-09-2004, 12:09 AM
I think a lot of the pros do not play the satalites because they feel their time is better spent in high stakes side games which makes the play in the tourney satalites so soft. From the sounds of it I wouldnt be too surprised If you could have about a 100% ROI sustanible at the level you were playing (with winner take all format), very profitable... are you allowed to sell your all your seats, I know they give you cash if it is your second one but will they give you cash if it is your first?

rybones
12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
I read your trip journal in the mtt forum, it was great!! I would love to build my bankroll for a trip like that. Alas, I chop my bankroll every two weeks to pay bills. As they say, you don't get into teaching for the money ... but I think you get out of for the money? anyway, great trip log.

Ryan

Chief911
12-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Rybones, I used to be a high school teacher. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

eastbay
12-09-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rybones, I used to be a high school teacher. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And now?

eastbay

Chief911
12-09-2004, 01:48 AM
I own my own IT Support/Consulting business. And play poker for fun. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

rachelwxm
12-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Depending on how successful your other bunisess, but I guess you could make a easy living with poker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Keep post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif