PDA

View Full Version : ATs on BB: I am Mr loose passive

cnfuzzd
12-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $4.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (8.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (12.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.66 BB, between Button, SB, Hero and CO.</font>

i dunno, i feel dirty.

peace

john nickle

bisonbison
12-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I probably play it the same way.

What are people's thoughts on a river bet?

Sarge85
12-08-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What are people's thoughts on a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer a CR on the turn. Two trapped...

Meh.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Jonny Melon
12-08-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm looking for a spot where you could bet/raise here.

Pre-flop/flop: I think calling is definitely correct.
Turn: At first I leaned toward betting out, but there is really no way to protect your hand here. If you are behind, you'll probably get raised by CO (and now you are really behind). If you are ahead, CO will likely call and any draw that can actually beat you will come along for the ride for 1 bet. So I actually think check-calling is OK here, but in the heat of battle I probably bet this turn. Being out of position sucks.

River: Given your turn line, you absolutely can't put CO on a hand. CO could have a pair of jacks or KK, or you could very well be beat. You can either: 1) bet and fold to a raise, or 2) check and call a single bet. I'm on the fence here. The fact that we see that CO checks behind is going to bias some people, though.

Did I mention being out of position sucks?

Good hand.

Jon

adamstewart
12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm having a rough streak right now, so I'm going to try to get more involved in hand discussion.

I'm wondering why you called the flop? Because the pot is so big?

It seems you have a total of 4.5 potential outs: 3 Aces and 1.5 for the backdoor flush.

However, aren't you worried that even if you hit your Ace, you will be outkicked? And/or with this many people in the hand, there's a darn good chance for two pair, trips, or a straight to develop by the river?? It seems you have less "clean" outs than one needs to call here.

Despite the large pot, I think I'd fold the flop.

What do you guys think ??

Adam

MoreWineII
12-08-2004, 07:29 PM
I like a river bet. Nobody really seems thrilled with their hand.

You're going to call one bet anyway, may as well bet for fear it gets checked through. Which seems entirely possible in this case. If raised, you can safely fold - nobody is raising a worse hand here. And I think worse hands call.

Shillx
12-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah bet. Fold if raised, but I hightly down you will given the action. A raise will indicate a real good hand here IMO.

Brad