PDA

View Full Version : a what if?

05-21-2002, 11:35 PM
let's say, you are in a tournament, with a bunch of amatures that gamble, now you have a good chip lead, 6 people decided to go all in before the flop and you hold AA, would it be better to fold the AA because of you combined chances of losing a lot of chips or call with the AA -and gamble with them.....

I think I would definitley call with AA, but like I said, you have 6 other random hands out against you..... you can very easily be knocked out??

What is the play and why?

05-21-2002, 11:57 PM
Assuming that you are not also an amateur, and what you mean by "good chip lead"....I would have to say fold here...You have plenty of chips to sit back and wait for more optimal circumstances, (where you are a big favorite), than to risk getting crippled with a hand that six handed wins what? Half the time? (someone smarter than myself can give you more precise numbers...I have to refer to a chart) If you thought your opponents were better than you, than maybe this is the best situation you could hope for...a chance to build a huge stack where you know you have the best of it pre-flop...but I know that wasn't the question.

05-22-2002, 02:39 PM
The old twice-yearly folding AA preflop question /images/smile.gif

I can't imagine folding. There may be situation like in super-satelites that folding would be correct but your example isn't one of them.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

05-23-2002, 11:37 AM
And isn't it always some situation that will never ever happen !

Alright, suppose that once in a million years this did happen. You only have enough of an edge to pass against a table full of poor, timid, passive opponents. If 6 people want to go all-in pre-flop this clearly isn't the case. I find it hard to imagine a game where you can run over people all the time but then suddenly 6 of them go all in on the same hand.

Do whatever you think is best :-)

Andy.