PDA

View Full Version : $30 PP turny . . . .good beat

05-21-2002, 10:07 PM
ok, well i know people always write about thier bab beats, well i'm on the other side, here's my good beat. . .

its a 30 dollar turny at paradise poker and there's about 6 players left, i have about 1000 chips and the limits are 200-400. i'm in the small blind early in this limit level and everyone folds to me, i have 7-5off, and that 200 dollars seemed really tempting, the bb had about 1500 in chips and i raised, a pure steel. . . he calls. . .then the flop comes Q-7-2rainbow, i bet, he calls, the turn is a 5, bet, he raises i call, the river is another 5, i show my 5's full of 7's and take it down. . .he tells me after he had aces in the hole.

asside from my initial stupid attempt to steel the blinds, did i play this hand right??

by the way i went on to win the turny /images/smile.gif

05-22-2002, 04:24 AM
You mentioned that the blinds were 200-400 and you have a thousand in chips. Ok so you have 2.5 x the BB. If you want to try and steal and you think the BB is playing solid and very tight then i would raise. If he calls then your an underdog to any hand he has. If he doesn't call you win. But, i believe that once he calls your committed to a showdown no matter what the flop is. You got a pair and you bet (good - headsup if your first to act with second pair bet and ignoure the overcard). The turn was a good card for you and the river even better, yes you did get lucky but i believe you played it well. Offcourse with those blinds and having only 1500 i would never smooth call preflop with AA. Your opponent should have reraised and bet the flop.

Take Care,

-MJ