PDA

View Full Version : Tough Question

05-21-2002, 08:42 PM
This one's probably been asked hundreds of times, but being new to the board I'd like some opinions. You're on the bubble with a stack worth 2 bets and the big blind coming right at you. You have a marginal but not awful hand, say K7s. Do you raise all in and hope for a steal, or muck and pray that the blind is kind. Let's make this more interesting and say that the player to your left has but 1 bet left. Opinions?

05-21-2002, 09:32 PM
u have enough to go through the blinds... fold!

05-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Your only concern at that point should be to outlast the other guy (even though I still would be confident that i was going to come back and win the whole thing /images/smile.gif )...you maximize your chances to cash by folding.

05-22-2002, 11:30 AM
Depends, IMO

If that's two big bets (leaving you with 2 1/2 small bets after passing through the blinds), and it's either you or the 1 bet player who makes it over the hump, fold and pray for them to crash out.

if your chips are less than that, might be worth it to either call or raise- I very much doubt you'll be able to steal, SOMEONE with a stack will call you to try to pop the bubble.

If you don't think your blinds could escape being raised, just to knock you out, might be worth raising also...