PDA

View Full Version : Craziest Pizza you've ever eaten

Slacker13
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I am originaly from Wisconsin and use to hit Chicago often and IMO the best pizza comes from Chicago, I know you New Yorkers will disagree but that's an argument that will continue until the end of time.

Anyway, I had a pizza once with Canadian Bacon, Green Olives & Sour Kraut and it was actually very good.

Whats the craziest toppings you've had on a pizza?

daryn
12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
had a seafood pizza once with crab meat, shrimp and scallops.

my favorite is probably a nice bbq chicken and onion.

CCass
12-08-2004, 06:48 PM
I worked at Domino's while I was in college. We made (and ate) M&M pizzas, Reece's Cup Pizzas, etc...

Most of them were actually pretty good.

Phat Mack
12-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Morty's Pizza King, in Austin, used to be famous for weird pizza'a. I once had a slice of the peanut butter and pineapple, but that was nowhere near the weirdest thing they sold.

(I think it had feta cheese instead of mozarella.)

ethan
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about...chicken, black beans, onion, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips. Probably from the same place.

Toro
12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
My daughter loves hawaian pizza. It's got pineapple and I'm not a big fan.

edtost
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
domino's....pizza...... help me out here, i see no connection between these two words.

daryn
12-08-2004, 07:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

How about...chicken, black beans, onion, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips. Probably from the same place.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa.. did you go to college in amherst?

antonio's is where i ate my seafood pizza, and they do have an exact pizza like the one you mentioned, complete with the tortilla chips.

FatMan
12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Peperoni &amp; Cream Cheese. Not that weird, but very tasty.

BeerMoney
12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

my favorite is probably a nice bbq chicken and onion.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmmmmmm antonio's buffalo chicken and bleu cheese!!

ethan
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa.. did you go to college in amherst?

antonio's is where i ate my seafood pizza, and they do have an exact pizza like the one you mentioned, complete with the tortilla chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Amherst...both my parents work at UMass. College (grad and undergrad) has all been around LA, and Antonio's is still by far the best pizza I've ever had.

Man. I love that place. I'm coming back for Christmas and I'll probably go there before I even go home.

Redmen62
12-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Perogie pizza. Got it by accident when the waitress misheard pepperoni.

Evan
12-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Don't try to help them dude. Some people just don't want to be helped.

Evan
12-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Ray's on 6th Ave and 11th in NYC makes chicken pesto pizza. Not crazy, but definitely not one you find everywhere and either my favorite or second favorite (to Grimalde's) in the city.

ThaSaltCracka
12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
veggie pizza /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ponks
12-08-2004, 08:03 PM
BBQ Chicken is the craziest I've had, even though it's not really that crazy. It's really really good though.

Ponks

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Wow...People from Amherst. I go to Amherst College now, and I always just get Spicy Chicken &amp; Blue Cheese from Antonio's.

This is so weird.

daryn
12-08-2004, 08:48 PM
you should play poker at umass. there are a ton of games.

Boris
12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
I ordered a normal pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen in the Mirage a few weeks ago. The served me this thing with a friggin greek salad on top of it and called it a pizza.

You just never can tell.

beerbandit
12-08-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Canadian Bacon

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe --

probably blt pizza or maybe bbq chicken

cheers

PhatTBoll
12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
stuffed eggplant and stuffed spinach pizza at Mama Teresa's in Ithaca.

Oski
12-08-2004, 09:08 PM
In 1989 Pizza Hut was going to come out with some "different" types of pizza. In the newspaper article I read, Pizza Hut was going to introduce Hamburger Pizza, Hotdog Pizza and Burrito Pizza for starters. The plan was to introduce more later on.

One part I remember about that article is that it was claimed that in the Phillipines, the most popular pizza topping (at the time) was tuna with corn.

Obviously, the whole thing musta gone over like a fart in church.

ethan
12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow...People from Amherst. I go to Amherst College now, and I always just get Spicy Chicken &amp; Blue Cheese from Antonio's.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably my favorite option too, but I've liked nearly everything I've had there.

Oski
12-08-2004, 09:15 PM
A few years' back, it was popular in Slovenia and Croatia to have ketchup with your pizza. The type of pizza there is predominately thin-crust. Most often, it would be topped with prosciutto and green olives (which are both salty). I guess putting the ketchup on compliments the salty toppings.

I don't know. It was pretty good, but the last few times I went over there, nobody put ketchup on their pizza - nor, were there any bottles out on the table.

Maybe, because most people there smoke so much and while eating, that it doesn't matter what you put on the pizza, it will all taste the same.

BeerMoney
12-08-2004, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably my favorite option too, but I've liked nearly everything I've had there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a post about this earlier. I think i might drive 85 miles to get some when i go home over x mas.

ethan
12-08-2004, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a post about this earlier. I think i might drive 85 miles to get some when i go home over x mas.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only downside to growing up with Antonio's is that it's ruined other pizza for me forever. Oh well. I'll take that trade.

daryn
12-08-2004, 09:30 PM
there's a webcam in front of antonio's too.

http://www.masslive.com/campuscam/

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-08-2004, 10:20 PM
haha, I'm so bad at live play though Daryn. 4 - 8 tabling has ruined my patience. Also, I doubt I'll find a game as good as some of the 5/10 6-max games. I've been invited though, maybe I'll sit at one at some point.

Also, the thing with Antonio's is that, while it's good pizza, there's nothing like a really good slice from an Italian pizzaria in downtown NYC.

daryn
12-08-2004, 10:48 PM
NYC blows /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ArchAngel71857
12-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Pepperoni Papa Johns that was on my dorm room floor for four days. According to my roommate "its ok, i work in a deli, Pepperoni definitely is not a meat."

-AA

nothumb
12-08-2004, 11:38 PM
I worked for years at Babe Louie's Organic Sourdough Pizza in Great Barrington, MA. It's not all crunchy granola twats like you'd think from the name - it's actually a great restaurant, well run, fun place to work.

Among others, we had a BBQ chicken pizza with onions, smoked gouda, mozz, and BBQ sauce... awesome... that was the stoner pizza...

We used to get really bored eating the pizzas there and just make wild stuff. One day we finished the early prep and made a breakfast pizza with eggs and various other toppings for each person. Mine had prosciutto, a little spinach, asiago cheese and some garlic. It was the tits.

NT

edtost
12-08-2004, 11:47 PM
not crazy, but Lombardi's with tomatoes and red onion is just awesome - I haven't had Grimalde's, but much better than Ray's.

Bob Moss
12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Best I've ever had was a steak burrito pizza at Antonio's in Amherst, MA. Steak, beans, cheese, and sour cream (and maybe rice? i don't remember). The crust at Antonio's is the best part, just perfect.

Bob

daryn
12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
i know a dude from great barrington.

unique guy.

daryn
12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Best I've ever had was a steak burrito pizza at Antonio's in Amherst, MA. Steak, beans, cheese, and sour cream (and maybe rice? i don't remember). The crust at Antonio's is the best part, just perfect.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

have you read the rest of this thread? antonio's rules. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
12-09-2004, 12:14 AM
This place have an address?

Cerril
12-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Yeah, we've got a chicken alfredo pizza out here. Of course it gets stranger. Any CPK is going to have some weird stuff.

slickpoppa
12-09-2004, 01:11 AM
bacon &amp; egg pizza is really good. I'd never heard of putting egg on a pizza until I lived next to a pizza place in sydney, australia that offered it. I was skeptical at first, but trust me it is the [censored].

nothumb
12-09-2004, 01:11 AM
If by 'unique' you mean that he's Waldorf educated and thus paid handsomely for the ability to believe how special he is while barely achieving functional literacy and having no math skills, and that he smells like garlic all the time and has a scraggly beard and pretends to read Noam Chomsky books and claims to listen to old-time country and blue-grass but secretly enjoys pseudo-intellectual hip-hop, then yeah, you could say unique. Hell, I probably know the guy.

When are you coming out here to try our BBQ chicken pizza?

NT

Sundevils21
12-09-2004, 01:24 AM
never had any crazy toppings, but I love pizza on wheat dough(not sure if that is different or not).

daryn
12-09-2004, 01:31 AM
how far is it from amherst? maybe i will rock it.

Evan
12-09-2004, 01:36 AM
What's CPK?

EDIT: I just got it...yea, that's not pizza.

nothumb
12-09-2004, 01:40 AM
Hour, hour ten max.

If you like good eatin' it's a good time. Wish I could offer you a poker game but all the live games I've gotten into out here play real small.

Standing offer, if you get in touch and come out, we'll get pizza and beers and go out if you like. Then I'll come out to Amherst and donate to your home game the next weekend. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT

edtost
12-09-2004, 04:40 AM
spring st. between mulberry and mott.

wheeler
12-09-2004, 05:15 AM
Yeah my favourite too. But now I live in Los Angeles and can't find anywhere that puts egg on pizza. Anyone know of a place?

I once took an egg with me to pizza hut but they wouldn't put it on a pizza.

ethan
12-09-2004, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

have you read the rest of this thread? antonio's rules. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing I already have plane tickets that're going to get me to Amherst soon. Otherwise this thread would've made me pretty goddam unhappy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

plaster8
12-09-2004, 08:13 AM
The girls who lived below us in college used to order veggie pizza with no cheese. Some diet thing. It was awful.

IndieMatty
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Lombardis, Sal and Carmines, Johns, Tottannos and Grimaldis are the best...but the Rays up by me on the UWS has this awesome "Supreme Pizza"

Meatball,Bacon,Sausage,Pepperoni,Peppers,Onions,Mu shrooms,Ham,Anchovie...everytopping imaginable + extra cheese. It's really good on sunday during football + hangover.

beerbandit
12-09-2004, 11:31 AM
oh yeah

where i went to college there was this local pizza shop that had chili cheese dog pizza -- i would take it minus onions, it has the cili as the sauce and slice up hotdogs on to with cheese

man thats pizzas good ill have to get one, when im up there this weekend

cheers
beer

BeerMoney
12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did drive, to go to Antonio's and it was well worth it. I ordered a large buffalo chicken and bleu cheese pizza just to take home. That place is awesome.

DBowling
12-30-2004, 08:02 PM
whyd you have to bump this thread? im so hungry for pizza now........ ill have to get my typical pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, bell pepper from Haus of Pizza in costa mesa.

Graham
12-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Pizza with chicken a la king on it, topped w cheese. You know the creamy chicken w sauce stuff you usually have w rice. It's great on a pizza.

Bacon's the best thing to put on a pizza.

CCx
12-30-2004, 09:59 PM
was big on hawaiian pizza almost a decade ago from domino's down in south carolina....loved the pineapple/ham on pizza combo, but even thinking about it now involves a trip to the bathroom

mike l.
12-30-2004, 10:29 PM
we had a nice pizza with potatoes and pineapple at a place in phoenix a long time ago. ive been meaning to get back there. i think it was a greek place really and they had hundreds of toppings you could choose from.

tek
12-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Beef, mandarin oranges, jalapeno peppers and pineapple.

I call it "Sweet and Sour Pizza" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scotch78
12-31-2004, 03:11 AM
Mozzarella sticks and pepperoni rolled into the crust; spaghetti meat sauce instead of pizza sauce; cheese; pepperoni, ham, italian sausage, beef sausage, beef, and bacon; and then more cheese. When it came out of the oven we covered it with one of the screens used to bake thin crust pizzas and tipped it upside down to drain out over a pint of grease. If that doesn't tell you how pathetic I am, while wearing the manager's tie as a blindfold I successfully identified by taste a pizza made by each employee. If that isn't reason enough to graduate college, I'm sure evolution will find a way to take care of me.

Scott