PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Kings

Evolution Crisis
12-08-2004, 04:40 PM
How'd I play this? Any suggestions on anything different I should have done?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

At this point I'm thinking I'm up against AA or a set on MP3, but I'm hoping he's overplaying QQ-TT or a 9X, and planning on calling the rest of the way due to pot size?

River: (20.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
<font color="black"> </font>

LowDown22
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
I think a turn raise is necessary here. BB's 3bet could mean QQ-TT just like you said, raise because you most likely have the best hand still. Force anyone on a gutshot or with something like A7, A5, A9, etc. to call extra bets. If BB 3-bets the turn, then call.

aron
12-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I'd raise the turn.
-aron

Evolution Crisis
12-08-2004, 05:08 PM
So I should bet the turn is what I've heard so far, and that I should call a 3-bet. If I bet the turn and it gets re-raised twice into a cap what's my line?

Firefly
12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
The pot would be huge if it's capped on the turn. You must call a cap. If it's two to you on the river, then you can probally fold. BB looks like AK-AJ. MP3 could be a 9 or a set. Because the board pairs the 2 on the river, I might be inclinded to call because MP3 could have a raggy two pair (97?)
It's a tough spot, but that pot is freaking massive.
In summary, raise the turn, call a turn cap. Call if it's one bet on the river.
Just my opinion
Firefly

KryogeniK
12-08-2004, 07:24 PM
I would have raised the turn.
Flat calling after 2 raising rounds makes it look like you are on a draw.
The 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif isn't a scare card. Unless someone called all the bets with pocket 2s, all you have to be concerned about is the idiot who called pre-flop with 68o and is slow-plating the straight, or a raggedy 2 pair.
If 3-bet, call. The pot is too big to fold.

On the river, if 3-bet on the turn, I would check/call. If not 3-bet, I would lead out and call any raises. You may still have had the best hand.

Kry