PDA

View Full Version : Tourneys on TV?

05-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Anyone heard about this?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=854&ncid=772&e=5&u=/variety/20020520/tv_variety/television_poker_dc_1

I know there is/was a TV show, late night, in England that did this.. supposedly with cameras under the tables.

Would any of y'all have problems with playing with your hole cards visible to spectators?

05-21-2002, 11:26 AM
It did have cameras under the tables. I asked a couple of players if they minded and they said no for a variety of reasons, mostly along the lines of because the editing removed the context from the hands. This meant that anyone trying to interpret the players' moves would have difficulty doing this correctly because they would be missing all the surrounding contextual info (of how each player had been playing, players' perceptions of each other, etc.)

There was a post a little while ago about the last hand of the last series. It did look strange on its own, because you couldn't see what had been happening previously.

I guess if anyone has a major problem with it, they don't have to play. But then their ego won't get fed by being on TV :-)

Andy.