PDA

View Full Version : QTo from the button.

Fat Nicky
12-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Not much of a read on SB as I've been at the table maybe 2-3 orbits, so far seems loose but not overly aggressive.

UB 3/6 (7 handed)

Pre-flop: UTG calls, folded to Hero who calls on button with 10/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB raises, BB, UTG and hero call.

4 to the flop for 8 SB.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

3 to the turn for 5.5 BB.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, BB folds, Hero ???

ecooke
12-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Can you explain the PF limp to me?

Raise the Turn.

wuarhg
12-08-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain the PF limp to me?

Raise the Turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise QTo in LP?

Raise the turn, that blank was a nice card for you.

Fat Nicky
12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
No, I can't explain why I didn't raise here. I just missed it I guess.

Festus22
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
With one limper, I'd raise this on the button or fold. Limping let's the SB and BB in with their A-x and K-x which would otherwise fold.

Raise the flop and evaluate from there. Why did you just call?

runa
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Raise the flop.

Since you didn't do that, raise the turn.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With one limper, I'd raise this on the button or fold. Limping let's the SB and BB in with their A-x and K-x which would otherwise fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

wuarhg
12-08-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I've been limping with these hands(with 1 limper), good lesson learned. Do you raise JT here? KJ,KT is a raise too and QJ I guess. Does it stop at JT? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fat Nicky
12-08-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I don't know what I was thinking but I normally do raise this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the flop with the intention of raising a safe turn card since raising the flop probably wouldn't protect my hand.

I'm not saying I'm correct, but this was my thinking during the hand.

BottlesOf
12-08-2004, 03:42 PM
It really depends on who the limper is and the tendencies of the blinds. How likely are they to give up their blinds? If not, how likely are they to play weakly and predictably on the flop?

Sometimes I'll muck, sometimes I'll raise, I'm sure I've called occasionally as well.

Tosh
12-08-2004, 03:46 PM
The tighter the blinds and the worse the limper the more likely I am to raise. I often fold and rarely limp, though I can't see it being a big mistake.

On the turn as it is, I raise.

sthief09
12-08-2004, 03:58 PM
this is a good spot to call the flop. there's a reasonable chance one of them is on a draw, and the pot is small. playing shorthanded, you want to wait until the turn more because you can collect big bets rather than small ones, and the pot is small, so you're not sacrificing that much by waiting. also, in a situation like this, your hand is a lot stronger than under normal circumstances. you know that concept from SSH where you wait until the turn to raise an overpair in a monster-sized pot and no chance to protect your hand on the flop? This is a similar situation, except you wait waiting until the turn because gaining an extra $3 is a big deal, since the pot is so tiny.

Fat Nicky
12-08-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know that concept from SSH where you wait until the turn to raise an overpair in a monster-sized pot and no chance to protect your hand on the flop? This is a similar situation, except you wait waiting until the turn because gaining an extra $3 is a big deal, since the pot is so tiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you saying I should have raising the flop because of the smallish pot size, or waiting til the turn to raise was best. Sorry, the last line of your post threw me off a bit.

sthief09
12-08-2004, 04:28 PM
sorry, I edited it in so it didn't flow well

basically, when the pot is small, you care more about extracing extra bets. when the pot is bigger, you care more about winning it. I think regardless of the pot size in spots like this, calling the flop is best. the only time I'd raise the flop is to avoid putting in 2 BB on the turn drawing to 3 outs. here, I'm confident that you have the best hand 80-90% of the time, so I think you can pop the turn. if 3-bet, folding would be a strong consideration.