Early in PP $50+5 Sit N Go.

Blinds 15/30.

I have red Tens in LP.

UTG,with 950 chips, raises to 120.

Folded to me. I call. SB ( 1050) calls.

Flop 6c - 8c- 7d.

UTG bets 225 into the ~380 pot.

What do I do?

Neither player has made any distinguishing plays yet. No reads.

Does picking up 4 outs on the flop justify a push? How concerned should I be about the SB?

Thanks in advance.

tigerite
12-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Fold it preflop? You are playing for SET VALUE only. At 120 with blinds of only 30, you're not getting that here. Also, what's with this "red tens" business..

pshreck
12-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Let's get something straight. A lot of people fold 1010 to raises like this. It is not a defined correct play, it really depends on player's strategy.

That said, if you are calling decent sized raises with 1010, then you basically have to get involved with undercard flops. You should especially like this one, because if someone did flop a set on you, you have some outs. Same goes for an overpair.

I would fold 1010 in your spot, preflop. As good as 10s seem to be, they are for the most part a 'no set no bet' type hand in SNGs. I think you generally lose more chips than you win when playing hands like this.

Also, an UTG raise usually means tons of strength, almost guaranteeing that you aren't up against a lower PP.

I think the villain had JJ or QQ.

raptor517
12-08-2004, 02:42 PM
tigers right, easy fold preflop. in that situation, if u called preflop, then fold on the flop to the bet.

DVO
12-08-2004, 02:46 PM
"Also, what's with this "red tens" business.. "

In case anyone thought having a club in my hand, with 2 clubs on the board, made a difference. Probably not. So sorry to annoy you with the reference..I see the cool players use it all the time!!

tigerite
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
LOL it didn't annoy me - I just put it before zephyr et al did /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unarmed
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see the cool players use it all the time!!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA
That's awesome!

Oh yeah fold PF but given you called push the flop.

Delphin
12-08-2004, 03:37 PM
With no reads it is hard to know how to proceed. I'd put UTG on AA-55 or AK-AT. The SB could have a much wider range of hands.

You are behind to AA-JJ, but have 6 outs against those hands. You are way behind 66-88 (2 outer). You have AK-AJ beat, but they have 6 outs (more if suited clubs). You are ahead against 99, but he's got 8 outs. TT is going to be a split unless two clubs come off. I'd say you are a slight favorite against UTG alone. I'd push to get the SB out and you might have some fold equity against UTG. His not quite pot sized bet might indicate some weakness.

Avgard
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are behind to AA-JJ, but have 6 outs against those hands. You are way behind 66-88 (2 outer).

[/ QUOTE ]

It would appear that he has 6 outs against all these hands.