PDA

View Full Version : If I know I'm beat should I fold

kstamps22
12-08-2004, 02:26 PM
3/6 hold/em live game.
BB is a hyper aggressive maniac. He has been raising almost every hand, and reraising when someone else raises.
mp2 has just sat down and only played 2 hands. She seems very loose passive so far.
Hero is ep2 with QcQs
ep1: folds
hero: raises
mp1: calls
mp2: folds
mp3: calls
co: folds
button: calls
sb: calls
bb: raises
Hero: caps
everyone calls

Flop: 6 players (24 sb)
9c 7d Jc
sb cheks; bb bets; hero raises; everyone calls; bb reraises; hero caps; mp1 very reluctantly calls; mp3 folds; button calls; sb folds

Turn: 4 players (22 bb)
10s
bb checks; hero bets; mp1 saying aloud she knows she's beat reluctantly calls again; button calls

River: 4 players (26 bb)
4s
bb checks; hero bets; mp1 calls; button folds; bb raises; (mp1 begins getting very distraught and keeps telling dealer "I know my 2pair is beat")

sfer
12-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Everyone posts hands like this when we start posting hands on the forums. Everyone also asks a variant of the same question. That is, I knew I was beat, I was beat, why did I call? I should be able to fold. Clarkmeister responded to mine with, "Well, of course you fold if you know you're beat. Duh."

Fold if you're sure that a maniac won't run a bluff and MP1 won't make a bad fold one time in thirty. And if you won't go insane if you fold the best hand and a worse hand gets tabled.

Rah
12-08-2004, 02:44 PM
I don't get the question. If you know you are beat, why would you even consider a call? Only to show that you "should" have won?

kstamps22
12-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Hero: raises
mp1: folds
bb: calls
Hero shows QcQs
bb shows Ac4h
result: hero wins 32bb

kstamps22
12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
I am not considering a call. I can't win if I call, and I can't win if I fold, so I can only win if I raise. The player to my left has been calling all the way very reluctantly and repeatedly saying I know I'm beat. All I have to do is convice her that she is beat.

cold_cash
12-08-2004, 03:01 PM
If she really did have two-pair, you probably DID have her beat.

Also, I can't follow the action, nor can I figure out the winning hand, so this post may be nonsensical.

Richard Berg
12-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Board is 9 7 J T 4 no flush. Maniac c/r'd when he hit his bottom pair. Timid lady probably folded the best hand because she lacked Shania.

jmark
12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Were you asking for advice, or just showing off your unmatched poker prowess?