PDA

View Full Version : NLHE Freeze Out Hand

05-21-2002, 06:01 AM
NLHE, freeze out from the start with blinds rising every 20 minutes.

We're down to 14 players on two evenly balanced tables. The blinds are 150 - 300 and I am the big blind sitting there with 2100 in chips (after I posted my blind). I am about equal short stack on the table along with the cut off, a couple of players have around 4000 chips, noone has a mountain.

UTG (the other short stack) comes in for a thousand. All fold to me. I have AdJd.

What would you do?

1. All in - try and double through. If you win you have a good chance to make the money, if you lose, well, you lose. Avoid being blinded out.

2. Fold, you wouldn't touch this in a ring game. Start stealing blinds once you have position and can be the agressor.

More info:

The very weak players have gone by now, never-the-less I've seen some very week hands being played and often for raises (ace-rag, K-9 etc.) UTG strikes me as being a solid player.

05-21-2002, 06:09 AM
I go all in for 1,100 more. Call.

AdJd v QQ. No Ace, no suits, no straight, a Queen on the river. (and it was raining outside.

I think it was a bad play:

1. This player was solid, she must have had a hand and very likely a lot better than mine. AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,AQ and I'm not really in a dominating position against KQ, TT, 99 or any pair.

2. I didn't have enough chips to make a "proper raise" it was almost a call - a very week play here.

3. On button and in cut off I could have made a few chips stealing/semi stealing.

4. I still had enough chips to "play" another couple of rounds before having to take a stand.

But I want to make sure I'm not being results orientated.

05-21-2002, 09:52 AM
I think it's a fold against most opponents for the reasons you give.

If you do play though, consider a call. You then bet the flop whatever it is. Your opponent is extremely unlikely to pass pre-flop but might pass on the flop. You have a better chance of winning, the downside is that the pot will sometimes be smaller when you win it.

For example if the flop came Kxx on this hand you might save yourself by calling and betting the flop. It can't do any harm.

Andy.