PDA

View Full Version : Cereal aisle shrinking??

kerssens
12-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Cereal is my favorite food. It used to take up an entire aisle...now I'm lucky if it takes half an aisle. Whatever happened to the cereals for the sugar starved youth? My personal favorite was Oreo's venture into the cereal market. It was basically broken oreos. Eating a bowl would be like eating 20 cookies for breakfast.

jakethebake
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cereal is my favorite food. It used to take up an entire aisle...now I'm lucky if it takes half an aisle. Whatever happened to the cereals for the sugar starved youth? My personal favorite was Oreo's venture into the cereal market. It was basically broken oreos. Eating a bowl would be like eating 20 cookies for breakfast.

[/ QUOTE ]
The aisles haven't shrunk here. Still a full aisle, both sides, with o.k. maybe a little bit of something else at the far end. Maybe you should try a new store.

mmbt0ne
12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
The best is halloween when you can get the whole triumverate: Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Boo Berry.

kerssens
12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I've noticed this a two different stores but they were part of the same chain so I'll investigate further.

ThaSaltCracka
12-08-2004, 01:52 PM
to find all the cereal, you need to to squat down and walk funny, they are all on the bottom shelf.

namknils
12-08-2004, 02:02 PM
The only cereal I ever eat now is Wheaties.

bosoxfan
12-08-2004, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best is halloween when you can get the whole triumverate: Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Boo Berry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they stopped making Boo Berry a while ago.

mmbt0ne
12-08-2004, 02:06 PM
That's why you're a champion and I have cavities.

MarkL444
12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

mmbt0ne
12-08-2004, 02:11 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been able to buy it since some time over the summer, so you may be right. But hopefully I'll find it again.

EDIT: Phew, thanks MarkL444

Lumpy
12-08-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

For whatever reason some cereals are only available in certain regions. I live in MA and growing up Frosted Rice Krispies was my favorite cereal. Then I couldn't find it any longer. A couple of years ago while in Florida I was walking through a grocery store and there they were. The bastards at Kellogg's have been depriving me for 20 years while the retiree's live the high life!! My suitcase was full of cereal boxes for the trip home.

jakethebake
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For whatever reason some cereals are only available in certain regions. I live in MA and growing up Frosted Rice Krispies was my favorite cereal. Then I couldn't find it any longer. A couple of years ago while in Florida I was walking through a grocery store and there they were. The bastards at Kellogg's have been depriving me for 20 years while the retiree's live the high life!! My suitcase was full of cereal boxes for the trip home.

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize you can buy Rice Krispies and sugar and sprinkle it on yourself?

Lumpy
12-08-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize you can buy Rice Krispies and sugar and sprinkle it on yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't even come close. That is like saying putting sugar on Corn Flakes is the same as Frosted Flakes.

jakethebake
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't even come close. That is like saying putting sugar on Corn Flakes is the same as Frosted Flakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

PokerNoob
12-08-2004, 04:44 PM
I ate enough Captain Crunch to float a battleship. That and its first cousin Quake. And Quisp. Now that was pure sugar melt in your mouth goodness.

GuyOnTilt
12-08-2004, 04:46 PM
to find all the cereal, you need to to squat down and walk funny, they are all on the bottom shelf.

That commercial was stupid. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GoT

GuyOnTilt
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Super sugary sweet cereals suck. Clusters, those O ones filled with oats and nuts and stuff in the middle, Honey Bunches of Oats, Life, and a ton of others without cartoon characters on the box and under 57 grams of sugar per serving are way better. CTC to the only thing even close to being overly sweet and still good, but even that doesn't begin to compare to Clusters.

GoT

kerssens
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Why you coming here on the 10th?

ThaSaltCracka
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
dude, I am just glad someone finally got it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kerssens
12-08-2004, 05:22 PM
I got it too.