PDA

View Full Version : Analysis on my PT stats requested

player1
12-08-2004, 11:49 AM
675 $30 STTs

1) all contructive criticism/comments on my play are welcome.

2) any suggestions on which of the opponents PT stats to concentrate on while using GameTime+ or PlayerView?

a respected poster recommended on concentrating on my opponent's VP$P, PFR, and total post flop aggression. he also added "I like previous stats best."

any other recommendations, as it relates to STTs, on which stats to keep an eye on while playing w/ GT+ or PV?

thanks,
jc

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/4756/moredetail8qt.jpg

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/4676/inthemoney0ql.jpg

zephyr
12-08-2004, 12:22 PM
I honestly have very few comments on the vast majority of that data as I do not use PT myself. The only numbers that I can comment on are your ROI, ITM, and finishes. You're clearly a winning player. The only thing I noticed is that you have more 2nd and 3rd place finishes which may be a result of being a touch passive when down to 4 and 5 players. It could be simply a result of variance though.

Continued Sucess,

Zephyr

Unarmed
12-08-2004, 12:28 PM
A little tight PF perhaps?
Can you split it out to all blinds under 25/50?
15.6% and 13.6% seems a touch low, especially over all blinds.

player1
12-08-2004, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I noticed is that you have more 2nd and 3rd place finishes which may be a result of being a touch passive when down to 4 and 5 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zephyr,

thanks for your time and observations.

i definitely play tighter and less aggressive than i should.

1) is there a consensus on the "ideal" ITM% breakdown?
2) how about for the "ideal" ROI?

thanks,
jc

player1
12-08-2004, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A little tight PF perhaps?
Can you split it out to all blinds under 25/50?
15.6% and 13.6% seems a touch low, especially over all blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks Unarmed.

i really should work on playing more hands. however, my philosophy is very tight early and more loose/aggressive late in the tourney.

10/15 Blinds
------------
VP$IP = 6.86%
Saw Flop All Hands = 9.79%

15/30 Blinds
------------
VP$IP = 6.97%
Saw Flop All Hands = 10.33%

25/50 Blinds
------------
VP$IP = 10.06%
Saw Flop All Hands = 11.01%

do you focus on any other stats other than the two you mentioned? once PV fully supports STTs and is more stable, i would like to set it up properly as i never used the GT window before.

thanks,
jc

skirtus
12-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Ive been using Playerview for Ring games and it has been very helpful. I think Playerview will be very useful for all the multi-tablers out there. Getting reads on how tight/loose and aggressive/passive players are is very important. Any tool that can help us with this effort is worth trying. Playerview now supports SnGs. I just started using it. The stats Im using right now are

VP$IP
PFR%
TOTAL AGGRESSION
ATT TO STEAL BLINDS
SB BLIND DEFENSE
BB BLIND DEFENSE

I dont have a good idea on what ranges to use for these. I think we could use our own stats to get a range for winning players. Anyone want to collaborate on this. I think with some effort we could get some good stat ranges for different types of players.

Unarmed
12-08-2004, 01:08 PM
WOW!
That's prtty tight!
Compare your starting hand requirements to the ones listed in the 10+1 FAQ for levels 1-3 and let us know where you differ.

As far as the other stats I don't use them too much. I use PT mostly for calculating my ROI. (haha) Seriously though, I use it for keeping track of my big loss hands and examining which types of hands I'm losing money on where I should be making it. (ie AJ)

stillnotking
12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi player1,

I believe you are checking much too often on the flop after a preflop raise. I tend to lead out with a pot-size flop bet, even if the flop missed me, unless it looks very ugly. The majority of the time you will win the pot right there, especially since you are a tight player and opponents are likely to put you on a premium hand. Check-raising is rarely correct there either, even with a monster. It's better to lead right out (so saith Doyle!).

player1
12-08-2004, 01:32 PM
i only play w/ AK and 10+ in any position. i add a few more hands in late position unraised. i know i needed to start playing more hands, so i added all pairs in late position unraised. i really need to work on this...

1) according to the FAQ, my ROI doesn't even have a category. what's a typical "good" player's ROI at the smaller STTs like the 30s?

2) as far as analysing your individual winning/losing hands, would you consider NOT playing a hand if it's BB/Hand is positive but not big enough?

if i only made say .05 BBs for a particular hand, while it's profitable from a BB perspective, i may not want to play it since busting out means not winning any (additional) prize money.

is there a threshold you look for when deciding it a hand is truely "profitable"? am i making any sense?

thanks,
jc

zephyr
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) according to the FAQ, my ROI doesn't even have a category. what's a typical "good" player's ROI at the smaller STTs like the 30s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an ROI of 20% is good at the 30's. An ROI of 30% is excellent at the 30's.

Zephyr

Unarmed
12-08-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i only play w/ AK and 10+ in any position. i add a few more hands in late position unraised. i know i needed to start playing more hands, so i added all pairs in late position unraised. i really need to work on this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly Jc, just follow the FAQ for levels 1-3.
The only adjustments I make are:
I limp 77-JJ in LP.
I never raise AJs, ATs, KQs, QJs, JTs but will limp all of them in LP.
I limp AJo and KQo on the button.

This is still tight as hell and gets me to the flop around 15% of the time. I'm pretty sure this is still at the low end of the winning SNG player's range. I honestly can't believe your ITMing 40% of the time with your early game standards...you must be short stacked on the bubble quite often no?

Anyway, you must have a pretty strong mid/late game already so I think loosening up along the lines suggested above will turn you into a stone cold killer.

[ QUOTE ]

is there a threshold you look for when deciding it a hand is truely "profitable"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really...I'm more interested in determining which hands are unprofitable in certain situations. (i.e.: I used to push A2o-A5o UTG 6 handed when short stacked, after checking my PT stats I generally dont anymore)

Just look through at the hands you should be making money on and if you're not try to figure out why.

player1
12-09-2004, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really...I'm more interested in determining which hands are unprofitable in certain situations. (i.e.: I used to push A2o-A5o UTG 6 handed when short stacked, after checking my PT stats I generally dont anymore)

Just look through at the hands you should be making money on and if you're not try to figure out why.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what you're saying. however, only for argument's sake, let's say you already analysed your marginal hands. is it as simple as playing all the hands w/ a positive BB/hand and dumping all the negative ones?

for me, i would not want to play a hand that only has a slightly positive BB/Hand stat. i'm thinking, if i bust out i will get no money (or additional money if there's less than 4 players left).

on the other hand, i am not looking at the other scenario. if i do win the hand, i will [significantly] increase my chances for getting [more] money.

then again, i'm probably just talking out of my ass...

jc

Unarmed
12-09-2004, 10:57 AM
It's a reasonable way to look at things.
But your logic assumes you're actually playing the hand correctly. Say you're marginally +EV with AQ. You're not going to chuck this everytime you see it right?

I look at hands that consensus opinion dictates should be +EV for me, and if they're not I try to figure out why.