PDA

View Full Version : fishing for good tables

marching_on_together
12-08-2004, 10:19 AM
I play party 2-4 and am based in the UK, thus i end up mainly playing in the evening uk time. At present i'm really struggling to find tables with >28% of people voluntarily entering the pot. Anybody got any tips/advice other than staying up to the early hours till the US fish come on-line. At present i seem to have to change tables after one or two rounds, which is a pain and costly.

sthief09
12-08-2004, 10:33 AM
first, get poker tracker if you don't have it already. then, start getting hands on people while you're not playing. poker tracker lets you do this. then, get PlayerView. also, auto rate players adding a couple of categories for some live ones that you want on your buddy list so you can follow around. then, open tables, find ones with high average VPIP's and search for your favorite live ones. if you need any links let me know. I don't feel like linking you if you don't need them

marching_on_together
12-08-2004, 10:59 AM
cheers i have poker tracker and use the features you suggest though i don't tend to open a load of tables prior to sitting down as it's a pain to do this when multi tabling (i run out of screen space), rather i just sit down at one with a mid to high avg pot size and leave after a round if the vpip starts to fall. I just seem to have to keep changing tables alot.I could use my buddy list more though. Overall i think the games are significantly tighter in the afternoon US time which makes table selection more important and a bigger pain.

Noodles
12-08-2004, 11:07 AM
are you saying the uk players are tighter? not my experince at all.i play at betfair,uk betting poker and the tables are real loose!

Octopus
12-08-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you saying the uk players are tighter? not my experince at all.i play at betfair,uk betting poker and the tables are real loose!

[/ QUOTE ]

He is saying that daytime (US) players at Party are tighter, which they are. You are right: Typical Crypto players are somewhat looser than Party during the day. If you want to play 1/2GBP games, Crypto is very good. (Higher than that, full games are available only sporatically until you get to fairly to very high limits. At the moment there is one 5/10GBP and one 150/300GBP game going and neither is full.)

marching_on_together
12-08-2004, 11:27 AM
no not at all, they are just as bad, put i guess most of party's traffic is American players, who in the main play when they finish work (i.e. late night-early morning UK time). In the afternoon American time there will be a mix of European part-timers and more serious US, Canadian players. Of cause there will still be bad uk and European players at this time but the balance does change (i think) there is certainly a smaller pool to choose from. I bet uk poker sites are looser in the evening uk time than the afternoon uk time.

marching_on_together
12-08-2004, 11:39 AM
crypto, can you give me a link?

daveymck
12-08-2004, 01:08 PM
The stats in that window can be skewed if you have a lot of hands with tighter players.

Around 6-7pm it can be a struggle at times to find good tables, but from 8pm it does start to get better.

I tend to look for tables where there are minimum 3-4 seeing the flop nearly every hand rather than the vpip of the table. As long as it stays at that I see no real reason to leave.

stigmata
12-08-2004, 01:30 PM
I have exactly the same problem as marching_on, living in UK...

I do find the Party tables are good if you can play first thing in the morning (UK time), as you catch the Americans who have been playing all night /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

However, maybe there are better sites for us european 2+2'ers?? Any ideas are welcome. Crypto? Betfair? What are these like at peak times? Support for poker tracker?

Octopus
12-08-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
crypto, can you give me a link?

[/ QUOTE ]

CryptoLogic is a family of skins. Some are InterPoker, PokerPlex, and uk betting (mentioned by Noodles). There are several others. They are popular among low limit players because many of them offer monthly playing or reload bonuses. For example, Interpoker has $100 for 500 raked hands this month. They advertise here on 2+2 so look for a link.

And yes: pokertracker supports them.