PDA

View Full Version : Everyday hand that I'm having troubles with.

brassnuts
12-08-2004, 05:18 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Misclick preflop. Button was a 2p2er. What's your plan now?

Nothing seems right in this spot.

If the preflop call is bothering you too much, pretend it was s00ted (which is still probably a fold, but I've been making it)

Edit: When I say everyday situation, I mean being out of position, HU, with top pair, medium kicker, against sustained aggression.

Trix
12-08-2004, 05:39 AM
Folding can get exploited in a situation like this where you represent a hand that prefers to shut out the field and ít gets HU vs a pfr.

Yet I´m not that much into calling down either as most of the 2+2ers arent that aggressive and people usually will keep them honest.

So basicly, you just have to know how he will play and react.

prox
12-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like the only thing you're going to beat is a bluff. Is this a guy who has a track record of bluffing or overplaying hands that he raised preflop? If you have respect for the guy, I'd be putting him on at least an overpair and would be looking to check/fold if you don't improve on the turn. Otherwise, bet out on the turn and again on the river hoping he was playing AK. If you get raised on either, you're beat.

StellarWind
12-08-2004, 11:29 AM
The problem with your flop play is the 2+2'er can easily read your hand. There are no real draws you can have and you would not play a monster this way. The alternative play of betting and 3-betting the flop has merit. You don't have very much to worry about from the players in the middle. Soaking them for several bets through the installment plan is probably more profitable than confronting them with two bets cold.

You are now out-of-position against a player who knows your hand. This is going to hurt and there is no getting around this. Assuming you get blanks on the turn and river:

Turn: Check-call or bet-call. Your choice depending on how you read your opponent's aggressiveness.

River: Check-call. He won't fold a better hand and he is unlikely to call with a worse one.