PDA

View Full Version : Hand Question

LLWesMan
12-08-2004, 05:04 AM
Playing 10 handed at the B&M. I limp with 1010 in early position, no raises. Pot size is about $15. Flop comes 954. I bet $30, about twice the pot. One caller. Turn is a 2. I bet $60. He reraises all in for $50 more, what I have left. I call. He shows down 63 for the straight. Did I not bet enough on the flop? I didn't raise preflop because they had been coming over the top of me almost every time I raised and I was in poor position. Comments?

LLWesMan
12-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Bump.

jtr
12-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey, Wes.

I'll take a stab at your question. I think you probably already know that you bet more than enough on the flop; this guy should not have called. However, if he'd seen what you had and knew you were ready to go all in with your tens, then he's getting good implied odds for the move.

Nothing wrong with limping TT in early position. I would have then bet $10 or $12 on that flop -- $30 is excessive and just serves to tie you to a pot you may not be winning.

If he calls the flop bet, I'd stop and think about why he did that. Does he call absolutely everything? Could he have just drawn out on that turn card? I might make another 2/3 pot bet on the turn, or I might check, but if I did bet I'd be ready to fold to the all-in raise.

Let people be foolish with their calls, rather than optimistically assuming they're being foolish with their big raises.

emonrad87
12-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Raise that preflop. He made a bad play on the flop.

LLWesMan
12-10-2004, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Wes.

I'll take a stab at your question. I think you probably already know that you bet more than enough on the flop; this guy should not have called. However, if he'd seen what you had and knew you were ready to go all in with your tens, then he's getting good implied odds for the move.

Nothing wrong with limping TT in early position. I would have then bet $10 or $12 on that flop -- $30 is excessive and just serves to tie you to a pot you may not be winning.

If he calls the flop bet, I'd stop and think about why he did that. Does he call absolutely everything? Could he have just drawn out on that turn card? I might make another 2/3 pot bet on the turn, or I might check, but if I did bet I'd be ready to fold to the all-in raise.

Let people be foolish with their calls, rather than optimistically assuming they're being foolish with their big raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would normally have bet $12 or so on the flop in a game with those blinds, but the game was crazy. Each player at the table had over $2000 in front of them. The guy with the 6-3 called a $70 all in with 72 off preflop. He wasn't even a blind. One guy moved $800 all in into a $9 pot preflop. Thanks for your reply.

Wes

Thomsen
12-10-2004, 05:09 AM
u could have probably bet your car on the flop and still lost...

it was preflop u should have bet more !