PDA

View Full Version : Heads up vs. a somewhat surprising bet

cold_cash
12-08-2004, 03:38 AM
BB is a calling station that everyone at the table has been pummeling with value bets. He's loose and just calls. His betting out on the turn here is the first "offensive" move I've seen him make in about 3 orbits.

Party 2/4

I'm on the button w/ K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

CO posts a blind of $2.

Everyone folds to the CO who checks.

I raise.

SB folds, BB calls, CO folds.

Headsup to the flop for 5.5 SB's.

8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Turn (3.5 BB's): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets.

What do you think is the most prudent course of action from here on out?

littlejohn
12-08-2004, 04:10 AM
First of all, good luck in a bowl game - at least represent the state well.

I'm no expert but if you are sure this is a check/call opponent - you're probably beat. He likely just hit some unlikely 2 pair or flopped it and couldn't stand to wait.

I still don't know if I can fold here, but I strongly consider it since the pot is relatively small.

bisonbison
12-08-2004, 04:14 AM
I'd just call down. I think folding is baaad and raising makes me feel icky.

MattC
12-08-2004, 04:28 AM
straight drawer?

Trix
12-08-2004, 05:42 AM
He is probably bad enough to bet the river too with little, so I call and raise there unless its something I hate to see.

Often he has a pair, but wont get aggro on the flop because you probably raise anyway unpaired, so he bets the turn hoping to win the pot. This doesnt make sense, but I think its something like that that they think.

cold_cash
12-08-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm glad to see I didn't completely botch it.

I called his bets on the turn and river, and he showed K4.

I was worried everyone was going to say this was an easy fold because the pot wasn't very big.

jmark
12-08-2004, 05:47 PM
If the turn was 4/images/graemlins/club.gif I might fold here.

Here I call, even if he has some crappy 2-pair you still have outs.

tightmaniac
12-08-2004, 08:04 PM
How about raising the turn, and checking the river unless it is a K or 10? I think if he 3-bets you you know you are beat and it is the same as calling down too.