PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand that I was just in tonight

JackHarding
12-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Thought I'd share a hand I played tonight as my first post. MP3 is LA and basically plays no less than 90% of his hands. CO is the obligatory trips hand when a pair flops on the board. I honestly do not think I've ever seen a flopped pair board that someone was NOT holding the trips.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Td Ts (full house, tens full of sixes).
MP1 doesn't show.
MP3 has 9d Ah (two pair, aces and nines).
CO has 6c Ac (full house, sixes full of aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 24 BB. </font>

sin808
12-08-2004, 03:23 AM
raise pf

bet/raise the flop

why c/r the turn? you want to build a big pot not force people out. bet out, 3 bet if raised.

bet the river

welcome to the forum /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cold_cash
12-08-2004, 03:25 AM
I raise TT pre-flop from pretty much everywhere.

Bet the flop. Might as well hope someone has a 6 and will go berzerk with you. If the 6 is out there, they'll go berzerk on all 3 streets.

JackHarding
12-08-2004, 03:38 AM
Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it /images/graemlins/smile.gif. The actual reason I played my hand this way was because I knew these particular opponents since I've been playing with them the past 2 hours. They were nowhere near folding and these particular 2 don't care 2 sh*ts if you check raise. I managed to check raise MP3 no less than 3 times in another hand and it didn't phase him. I knew after the flop reraise that CO for sure had the 6. I would usually play the way you suggested, but I felt frisky and wanted to change it up. It really does get monotonous playing the same way over and over, at least for me. My only regret is not raising preflop. I realized that after the hand was over. I usually do almost always raise TT if no callers to me. But what they hey /images/graemlins/blush.gif In hindsight I only made money because of the Ace on the river. But nevertheless, I actually had fun playing this hand. It definitely got the adrenaline going.