PDA

View Full Version : Bunky's NL holiday challenge Dec. 7th

bunky9590
12-08-2004, 02:04 AM
For those of you who have been waiting for that big bust out session that bunky is due for.....

You gotta keep waiting. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tonight, I had a well played session. I had some more ugly beats in some good pots. I decide to mark down how many times I got 3 outered or better by the fish. It was 9 times.
Kinda hard to come back from that but thats exactly what I did.

I was down $140.00 early on when AA got outflopped by a shortish stack with 77. Sets Suck BTW.

I'll post some hands tomorrow in SSPLNL for some review when i pull them out of PT. But, I did play over 1100 hands Woo HOO!

Finished up a whopping $$24.00 or so. Much better than a loss. But Running flat isn't nearly as frustrating as running bad!

I felt good during this session and I keep thinking what ML4L says, I have to win eventually. SO I focus on playing the best poker I know how, and things keep working out. Not being conceited or anything, a NL player with lesser skills drops a 500-1000 in these lastt 7 days, I am fortunate and proud to be up $60.18. Sounds sad when you see other challenge results, but I am actually proud of my accomplishments so far. Just being in the black after some of the things Ive gotten thrown at me is nothing short of astounding.

Anywho, I think I made progress with the bad beat syndrome getting to me. They never got to me tonight, I was in a good frame of mind and just kept plugging away.

Anywho heres the numbers.

Totals to date:
Hands played: 4607

Profit (loss) $60.18

VP$IP 18.30

snowbank
12-08-2004, 02:12 AM
Nice work Bunky. It's bound to happen soon.

Evan
12-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Since I know nothing about NL...here are more of Evan's stats from his last 10K hands to make Bunky feel better (these are from limit but whatever).

Win rate for
AA: 2.06 bb/hand
AKo: <font color="red"> (0.24)</font> bb/hand...do not adjust your monitor, that's actually red

Those are two pretty hideous numbers right there, so don't feel like you're the only one the poker gods are spiting.

Also, I know what you mean about being proud of a $60 profit, sometimes breaking even when you shoulda lost a bunch is more satisfying than just running hot and raking it in, even if the latter is more fun.

scrub
12-08-2004, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was down $140.00 early on when AA got outflopped by a shortish stack with 77. Sets Suck BTW.

I'll post some hands tomorrow in SSPLNL for some review when i pull them out of PT. But, I did play over 1100 hands Woo HOO!

Finished up a whopping $$24.00 or so. Much better than a loss. But Running flat isn't nearly as frustrating as running bad!

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 1200 hands and lost $900, so I guess today you kicked my ass.../images/graemlins/smile.gif

But, on the other hand, I am owning you on hands. I've got 10,162 for the month.

scrub

bunky9590
12-08-2004, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played 1200 hands and lost $900, so I guess today you kicked my ass...

[/ QUOTE ]

First time for everything. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
But, on the other hand, I am owning you on hands. I've got 10,162 for the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I actually have that many hands and I wored over 70 hours last week. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hope things run better for yah

ML4L
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey bunky,

[ QUOTE ]
I felt good during this session and I keep thinking what ML4L says, I have to win eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't prove me wrong... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

bunky9590
12-08-2004, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't prove me wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying my best. It took everything I had to get back positive last night. but, I did. They can't keep a good man down.

gonores
12-08-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decide to mark down how many times I got 3 outered or better by the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That's like counting the number of drinks you have in an evening.

bunky9590
12-08-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's like counting the number of drinks you have in an evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're five foot nothing, a hundo and nothing, you need to count how many coronas you pound down. Seems like I play better between 2 and 4. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

scrub
12-08-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I actually have that many hands and I wored over 70 hours last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I have terribly important stuff to do, you know. I see movies, read books, and go to the gym. That's a pretty hectic schedule...

scrub

Evan
12-08-2004, 07:25 PM
He's not kidding. Just this morning he spent a good 20 minutes IMing me clever quotes from both the Times and various websites. How about a round of applause for scrub?

Also, to Bunky, are you playing at Party? I know you answered this at one point but I can't remember and I'm curious.

bunky9590
12-08-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, to Bunky, are you playing at Party? I know you answered this at one point but I can't remember and I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Playing Prima. I think I'm going to be focusing on some 5-10 6 max on Party after the first of the year. Along with my NL game. I wanna try to balance my playing schedule between limit and NL.