PDA

View Full Version : The infamous CDC ( i think)... is this typical at 15/30

pfkaok
12-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Sorry if this isn't you... but I thought i remember this from a 2+2 game. I was doing some datamining, and when I saw the name I just watched a few hands. Anyways though, is this common at all to get coldcalled, and called all the way down with garbage like this??

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: CDC is CO with , 9c,7c. CO raises, Button calls

Flop: (1.66 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (1.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (3.83 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 5.83 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">

CO has 7c 9c (one pair, kings).
Button has 5s Qs (one pair, kings).
SB doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins 5.83 BB. </font>:

pfkaok
12-08-2004, 01:45 AM
BTW, I'm sorry if this isn't proper to post another's hand like this, and I know that whoever it was (if not CDC) was A little upset at getting called on the riv there... but I couldn't help it. It just made me laugh to see somebody trying THAT hard to keep you honest at that level

IndieMatty
12-08-2004, 02:49 AM
I have to do a little searching, but I saw a $400 pot get called down at my table this weekend with 9 high. And he won.

But no, it's not "common". When I first saw these games, I frothed at the mouth, after playing in them (I wait till late at night on the East Coast) it is not as maniacal as I thought. That being said when there is a maniac or a real loose "fish" like that guy, it is VERY fun.

Trix
12-08-2004, 06:04 AM
I think CO´s riverbet sucks.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-08-2004, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think CO´s riverbet sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

atter realizing this guy will call down with Q high, the CO will agree here. open folding is obviously the best play.

steamboatin
12-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Yes, but how many times did he pay you off? It is easy for us to say, "He should have folded" but maybe CDC didn't know he was a calling station until this hand.

Once you figure out this guy will call you with nothing, its like getting his PIN number at the ATM. You just don't bluff, you punish him when you have a hand.

The only way you learn this is to take a shot at the pot and see what he does.

Tosh
12-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I think CO should give up on the turn.

sthief09
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I pull this crap all the time. assuming we don't know how loose this guy is, the flop bet is automatic. on the turn, they often fold, but throw in an A on the board and I'm expecting him to fold enough to make the turn bet profitable. the river bet is questionable but it has merit. occasionally he just called the flop with nothing, called the turn with a gut shot, and you can't win by checking. that being said, he's not making the guy fold 22% or whatever it is, of the time

Tosh
12-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I think the ace adds to the chances of being called rather than taking away from. Assuming average opponent you will be called by any card T-A now the majority of the time, and even some people will call down with an underpair to the board. More likely if you're against someone who could fold 99 or whatever here, their action is unlikely to be call on the flop, call on the turn.

sthief09
12-08-2004, 10:39 AM
maybe I'm taking the general and misapplying it to this hand. I love when I make a steal attempt and there's an A on the flop or turn. in this situation,it puts 3 broadways on the board of which he has none, so maybe it's not such a good thing.