PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Waiting till turn 99 hand with overcall

Lmn55d
12-08-2004, 12:28 AM
I thought this hand was pretty damn interesting. I chose to call the flop raise for a few reasons. First, I didn't think many people would fold to 2 more. I was gonna raise a favorable turn card as I thought that was the only way to really protect my hand, plus the turn would affect my equity significantly. Additionally, I wanted to see how the PFR/flop bettor reacted. If he 3bet me I'd probably fold turn unimproved. On river I was a little scared of the guy who bet into me, but I called mostly for overcalls.
What do you guys think of flop/turn/river??
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (20.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 23.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.16 BB, between CO, Hero and MP3.</font>

Rubeskies
12-08-2004, 01:28 AM
I think you have to 3-bet this flop. How many safe turn cards are there? Pretty much half the deck is a bad card for you. I believe that the fact that the turn affects your equity so much is the reason to raise now while it's still good. If you can get any over cards or lone spades or pairs of 2s and 3s or gutshots out then your raise is very helpful in this big pot.

Many people will call 1 bet on the flop but 2 back to them with 3 different raisers on that board is a different story.

private joker
12-08-2004, 01:40 AM
I agree with the Rube. There are too many draws out there who might fold to 2 more bets back to them, and there are too many dangerous turn cards. A flop 3-bet is pretty mandatory. The turn raise is good, and I'm ambivalent about the river. I'm thinking maybe the two opponents will call slightly more often than a raise will be met by a 3-bet from the CO with a better hand (minus the times the CO will fold to a raise), justifying your smooth-call. It's probably a pretty slim EV either way. But the flop raise isn't. Do it.

ArchAngel71857
12-08-2004, 01:49 AM
That's a really live board to play passively on the flop. You should be raising your overpair and charging those on draws a lot more than just 2 bets to see the turn. I like the turn, but the river is really up to you and your reads. I can't really put him on a 2, because of the turn, so its likely he had another pocket pair or had paired the six. 77, 55, maybe TT if he is super passive. I think you have the best hand here, but if you raise you won't get called by a worse hand, the call is fine.

-AA

MortalWombatDotCom
12-08-2004, 02:02 AM
out of curiosity, what does everybody make of MP3 betting the turn into CO, who raised on the flop? my initial thought was that he was representing a 2. my next thought was that he put CO on a spade draw.

Rubeskies
12-08-2004, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
out of curiosity, what does everybody make of MP3 betting the turn into CO, who raised on the flop? my initial thought was that he was representing a 2. my next thought was that he put CO on a spade draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt he was bluffing into 5 opponents. He could have a 6, maybe 45, possiby 77-TT.