PDA

View Full Version : Correct fold with AQo?

Hack
12-07-2004, 10:45 PM
I folded this because the board was so coordinated and two-suited.

I have trouble playing overcards in this situation I think. I raised preflop and the pot completely misses me. I'm not getting anyone to fold. Should I have called here and folded the turn unimproved? The problem with this flop as well as that I really don't want an ace to fall, because that means anyone in the hand with a 2 now has a straight. So I really only want a queen to fall, so I give myself 3 pure outs. Is this wrong?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between SB, UTG and UTG+1.</font>

Shillx
12-07-2004, 10:48 PM
You are closing the action getting 16:1 here. Peel one off.

Shill

Hack
12-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Okay.

But I should just call, right? And not raise with just overcards?

And do I fold the turn UI?

Shillx
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah just call on the flop, and yeah I would fold the turn UI. If the turn is a /images/graemlins/club.gif, you might want to look at the river (if it's the K /images/graemlins/club.gif you will certainly see the river).

Shill