PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I know this AQ trips is wrong, but what's right?

Redd
12-07-2004, 10:29 PM
This was the fifth hand in a row I played - I not only had the weird chance of having four previous consecutive raising hands (by SSHE standards), I also had the amazing fortune to have four >=TPTKs cracked by four consecutive two-outers from the same calling station (then on this one I started tilting). So I know I was seeing monsters here, and didn't have a clue what to do once I was check-raised twice.... I know I really screwed the pooch on this (probably standard) hand, but what would be the correct line?

Pacific $0.05/$0.10

Preflop: <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG, 3 callers, both blinds call.

Flop (6 players) comes Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check, check, <font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, 2 limpers and both blinds call.

Turn (5 Players) comes Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. Check, check, <font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, call, call, fold, <font color="red">BB check-raises</font>, Hero freaks out at a slowplayed straight and calls.

River (4 players) comes 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets (I guess his Kxd whiffed?!?)</font>, fold, call, <font color="red">BB fricken' check-raises again!!!</font>, Hero calls.

Villain is extremely passive, fairly loose. Hero has a tilty table image because everyone's just seen me change from super-tight to raise and lose 4 hands.

My big problem is obviously with my weak turn/river play - how far do I take this one on the turn and river?

Redd

Shillx
12-07-2004, 10:45 PM
That is a really fishy check by teh BB on the river. I might check the river. If I was stuck in limbo while multi-tabling or something, then I would certainly fold to his river check/raise.

Shill