PDA

View Full Version : How do you play trips with two on the board?

WhiskyRiver
12-07-2004, 09:59 PM
I've come across this situation a lot lately and was hoping for some advice on how to generally get this most money out of it. Scenario: heads up holding, say, JQs. Raised by someone who likes to raise with any ace, suited k, low pair, whatever. You call, everyone else folds. QQx on the flop. For the sake of discussion, they don't have a queen or the boat. What's the best way to get chips here, if any at all?

ChrisV
12-07-2004, 10:52 PM
My general strategy is to do something on the flop that looks like a weak attempt to steal the pot - check and raise weak if they were the preflop aggressor, or bet out weak if I was. Then I tend to check the turn and see if I can get them to stab at it.

Voltron87
12-07-2004, 11:15 PM
In my opinion (at the 33s and below) everything depends on who youre playing. They are either absolutely nuts and will pay you off or they won't. If you are playing fish or a weak tight play this is fancy play syndrome, you might end up thinking about and making bet sizes they arent even considering.

HoldingFolding
12-07-2004, 11:28 PM
At low buy ins, without a specific read, I favour checking, mini raising the turn to see if they bite, then making the sort of bet that is within the bounds of "I have to pay to see if my pair/A high was good enough" on the river - about T200. Of course it always helps if they hit their card on the turn/river.

Al Mirpuri
12-08-2004, 05:59 AM
I held Jx.

The flop was JJ5.

I checked. The sucker bet. I called.

The turn was x.

I checked. The sucker bet. I called.

The river was J.

I checked. Sucker went all in. Thinking my four jacks were good, I called.