PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw facing action from two players

Hack
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Results to be posted later.

First of all, is it definitely okay to limp in here after 4 callers with my Ax suited? I was told it was in SSH.

How would you react? I was planning to raise my flush draw on the flop but others did the work for me, knocking out players much to my chagrin.

I wasn't folding on the river with my nut flush with such a gigantic pot. Should I have?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 29 BB, between UTG, Hero and CO.</font>

milesdyson
12-07-2004, 09:58 PM
I understand the first cold call on the flop (don't face people with three cold), but you really should cap this when it comes back to you three bet.

I don't think you can give credit for a boat on a coordinated board (for straights, at least), but you do have to be worried about it once its capped. Thus, I check call the river like the boss that I am. If it came back to me bet and raised after I checked, I don't know what I would do (knowing that CO is probably three betting) - but hopefully that never happens to me.

Joe Tall
12-07-2004, 10:00 PM
You played the flop fine. One thing you could do is cap for value when it comes back to you re-raised. Unless you think you'll drive the CO out for 2-bets.

Post flop is tough given the large number of holdings and the size of the pot, calling is fine.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Hack
12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Did I make a huge error cold calling there? You understood correctly why I did not raise the first time, because I didn't want to knock players out. Unfortunately, it was knocked down to 4, and with a nut flush draw I wanted all 8 to stay in for as many bets as possible. I feared the boat with the massive raising but it just as easily could have been trips, right? Someone had a T on the flop, stuck around, and made trip T's on the turn.

Obviously if I make my flush it beats the trips but I wasn't really sure where I was here.

I just remember being told that I should stay with my flush draw 95% of the time. I just hated having to throw in 3 or 4 bets without having a made hand yet but I guess I was getting good value on my calls?

Hack
12-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate it.

Now that I think about it I probably should have done what you said and capped the flop with my draw.

milesdyson
12-07-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your reply.

Did I make a huge error cold calling there? You understood correctly why I did not raise the first time, because I didn't want to knock players out. Unfortunately, it was knocked down to 4, and with a nut flush draw I wanted all 8 to stay in for as many bets as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I like the first coldcall. If you three bet it could easily get heads up. But when it comes back to you, you get value out of capping, even if one of them folds after already calling two or three.

Post flop I don't think you need to worry much about it, as this kind of stuff won't come up enough to warrant being prepared. I would just check call the river to get to show down as cheaply as possible, even with the nut flush.

Hack
12-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Okay.

Out of curiosity, what do you put the two raisers on(UTG and CO)

Hack
12-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Results of hand:

UTG has Qs 9s (straight, queen high).
Hero has Ah 3h (flush, ace high).
CO has Jc 9c (straight, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 29 BB.

I did not suspect this at all. I thought I was sure I was beat by a boat, but I busted a flopped nut straight. I kinda feel bad now, even though I had odds to call.

Did I "suck out" on UTG?